best battery for the money?

WAP

Go Kart Champion
^Yea, ok. Just keep ignoring many first hand testimonials. :laugh:

WAP

Go Kart Champion

finklejag

Ready to race!
I replaced the battery in my 2010 with a Deka AGM.

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
I replaced the battery in my 2010 with a Deka AGM.

Ooh, that's the one I ordered (and linked a few pages back). Is the box not fitting correctly around it? I'm going to have trouble if it won't because of the proximity of the stage 3 intake elbow.

--Matt

finklejag

Ready to race!
It's a tad bigger then the oem. I can close the lid on the battery, but the front clip doesn't snap into place.

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
Ouch. Does it cause the box to stick out any further on the side? That's my concerning area.

--Matt

jshay

Go Kart Champion
You can fit group 47 or group 48 batteries in our cars. Group 47 is OEM size and 48 is a tad larger.

AccelaSX

Ready to race!
My car is a 2013, and mine is already toast. I don't have any stereo mods either. Barely starts under 20F. I've got the RFD, though, so it is a harder than usual task in all honesty.

--Matt

Same here. 2.5 year and Varta would barely crank when it was lower than 5 degrees. I installed AGM type battery by Duracell. Who knew that Duracell makes car batteries. It has been 2 weeks and it runs great so far and the fitment was perfect. :thumbup:

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
A battery is a battery. Don't they all have acid and water in them?

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
You can fit group 47 or group 48 batteries in our cars. Group 47 is OEM size and 48 is a tad larger.

I think i need to try the group 47 Intimidator then. I don't have space to spare up there. We'll see if that shop (Remmy Battery) will let me cancel or change my order.

--Matt

AccelaSX

Ready to race!
I think i need to try the group 47 Intimidator then. I don't have space to spare up there. We'll see if that shop (Remmy Battery) will let me cancel or change my order.

--Matt

I replaced mine with group 48 size AGM and it fit perfectly. You have tuck right edge of the battery in first. Group size 47 is smaller and will fit easier, but it will be downsizing. Group 48 is 70AH (OEM size) and Group 47 is 60AH.

zrickety

The Fixer
There is no water in the agm batteries, and the price difference is negligible if you shop around.

jshay

Go Kart Champion
I replaced mine with group 48 size AGM and it fit perfectly. You have tuck right edge of the battery in first. Group size 47 is smaller and will fit easier, but it will be downsizing. Group 48 is 70AH (OEM size) and Group 47 is 60AH.

Ah I was sure 47 was OEM size but guess not. Either way both of them work well. I went with DieHard Advanced Gold. Awesome battery.