GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
He has a manual.

But regardless of trans it should still do fuel/timing magic to make boost, and then if you have a DSG I'm assuming some variation of slipping the clutch(es) to launch.

In his build thread I thought he mentioned switching to DSG. If I go in manual/sport and disable TC I can free rev to 4K (set in maestro) but I don't build boost. If I leave tc on though I'm able to brake boost of course I don't rev as high...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
thanks for the links guys!

any pros to going top mount? saw a guy selling a tubular top mount manifold and thinking of switching from my cts to this.

not sure if i wanna drop the cash just yet

aside from different piping routing.

Wont fit or i would have a top mount since space is a small commodity

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Wow, anyone still alive?

So I put my snows on 2 weeks ago, and then quickly backed the boost down to around 20-22psi to give the tires a chance in third, which still didn't help. Yesterday, my meth tank kept telling me it was low, and although I have a fresh 5 gallon's of M1, it's sealed so I figured I'd leave it sealed until next year as I won't be driving the GTI a whole lot during the winter.

Long story short, I turned the meth off, bypassed the failsafe so I can still drive it, and edited the tune to pull like 10 degrees of timing out up top compared to my regular file....

Holy fuck is it slow now. End Story.

I believe it the timing and boost make a huge difference.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
In his build thread I thought he mentioned switching to DSG. If I go in manual/sport and disable TC I can free rev to 4K (set in maestro) but I don't build boost. If I leave tc on though I'm able to brake boost of course I don't rev as high...

Im still manual.

What you are referring to is just like a stationary rev limiter. If the tune specifically accounts for it, it can build boost and what not

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Im still manual.

What you are referring to is just like a stationary rev limiter. If the tune specifically accounts for it, it can build boost and what not

Hmm, so other than enabling launch control via the checkbox in maestro I wonder what I need to do so that it lets me build boost.

Thanks for the info I'll be doing some reading once I get my car back on the road [emoji106]

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Hmm, so other than enabling launch control via the checkbox in maestro I wonder what I need to do so that it lets me build boost.

Thanks for the info I'll be doing some reading once I get my car back on the road [emoji106]

Nick knows how exactly, you gotta pull timing and add fuel I think based on the rpm, load and tps

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Update on my end:

Mkv - Rear main finally let go fully so luckily I have been off this week which allowed me to replace that. Used a I'Abed one I bought for my MK6 and bought another for the MK6. Also fought with the pilot bearing forever, and i was not about to bring the crank to a machine shop lol, a die grinder to cut slots in it and was able to pull it out. second fun surprise was the cracked flywheel. Back up and running now.

Stuff thats changed for the mkv:
-Installed MK6 canbus
-Installed MK6 RNS315 - Nav and bluetooth setup and good waiting on the fakra cable for the sat radio hope to have that today
-Installed MK6 GTI Steering Wheel
-Installed I'Abed rear main
-Installed Newer flywheel
-Eurojet catch can using oem oil separator in progress, just need some more 10AN hose
-New plugs
-Bunch of other repairs
Future:
-Mk5 white cluster, have it need to get it and keys programmed
-Also working on acquiring awd parts for it.

Now for MK6 since this is the mk6 thread:
For those who dont know already I shredded my transmission about 4 months ago. If you follow Iroz on Insta i assume it will look similar to what they just did. So pulled the trans out, clutches are good and preping for a new one currently.

DO NOT believe anyone that tells you that you need aftermarket clutch packs to hold power on a DSG oem works just fine and to the point gear shred first.

Also here is a pic of the massive 6262 turbo kit, and damn is it close to everything.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Well, Aquamist disconnected, ECU flashed with latest ED file, MAP sensor replaced, wiring/vacuum lines cleaned up in the engine bay since the Audi manifold doesn't have exactly the same provisions, cleaned the interior with about two dozen cleaning wipes to remove months of shop dust and dirt, time to go for a ride tonight to verify all issues over the past few weeks are resolved and I can finally boost the car. After that, laying out the PM3 plug and play harness with TT-RS LPFP to prepare for that install this week.

Also, my lift is setup properly with mats underneath it, all centered and measured out for the car, wood ramps build and notched out for the hydraulic line to run under it. Last part is boxing the lift in with connecting bars to each ramp. Finally, no more jack or jack stands.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
What's Nick's screen name? I don't know anyone here on a 1st name basis. [emoji4]

Nick knows how exactly, you gotta pull timing and add fuel I think based on the rpm, load and tps

Yep, just log and plot where it shows up after you replay it back in the logger (on the "launch control"). Increase the load in target filling, remove ignition timing. Keep trying until it starts shooting flames.