GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adding bluetooth - new MK6 owner

oac

Hi guys,

As a bit of a tech addict, getting a 2009 (59) MK6 as my first car is all very exciting for me! But car tech is all very new to me, so I would be very grateful if you could point me in the right direction on a couple of things.

Currently I have an RCD-310 (non-dab) with no bluetooth module, I think. I haven't physically checked for the module, but my phone doesn't find anything when I switch the ignition on so I assume it's not there. I do not have a multifunction steering wheel. I do have aux in and the MDI input.

I believe my options are to either buy a bluetooth module and fit it or buy a newer head unit with bluetooth built in, is this correct?

Does the Bluetooth Touch Phone Kit (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/...luetooth-touch-phone-kit/golf-2009/technology) give me everything that I need to connect or is this just an interface to control the phone and I still need the module? Presumably I need a microphone cable of some sort as well?

If I still need a module then I believe I need a 9W2, 9W3 or 9W7, is it likely that I will have the cabling there or will everything need to be added from scratch? Would you recommend someone new to car electronics attempt to fit a bluetooth module or should I go to professionals for the first time?

Finally, would it be a lot more simple (and possibly more expensive) to just get a new head unit with bluetooth built in?

Looking back, that's more questions than I had hoped to ask! But any help would be much appreciated. I promise I have searched, but if the information is all somewhere and you can just provide a link I would be very grateful for that too.

Thanks a lot,
oac