GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need some help on Decision

joshdemilia

Hey guys decided this week I wanted a GTI and wanted to get opinions from owners.

1. first car is an 09 5 door GTI with the automatic transmission(forgot the name for it)in great shape its got 65,000 miles and I am talking them down to 12k. Car has clear title and is in good shape.

2. Second car is 2010 5 door GTI with the same transmission it only has 40k miles but is on sale for 14,500 and there not budging but it is a great deal. car had a wreck on file, never deployed airbags, been fully repaired and title is clear still.

Ive looked up longevity of the cars through the threads and was wondering if i should save money going with the MKV with higher miles or go for the lower miles for reliability.

What ya think?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
They both have the same engine ;)

Last year of mkv has the tsi engine.

What options are on the 2010?

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Neither. Even though #1 has the same engine, it's a MK5 not a 6. As for the #2, I would stay away from a car that was involved in an accident. Airbag deployed or not, who knows how much damage was done to it. Keep looking if I were you.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
last year i got an '09 GLI with 59k for $14k. $12k isn't bad. It's barely out of warranty and DSG.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Both prices seem too high. I'd pass on both to be honest.

joshdemilia

They both have the same engine ;)

Last year of mkv has the tsi engine.

What options are on the 2010?

The 2010 is fully loaded. I'm not sure what comes stock, but it has heated seats, navigation, sun roof, these are both the most affordable I've found for the mileage they have. But I'm not gonna ask for advice and not take it. Might just have to save some more

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The 2010 is fully loaded. I'm not sure what comes stock, but it has heated seats, navigation, sun roof, these are both the most affordable I've found for the mileage they have. But I'm not gonna ask for advice and not take it. Might just have to save some more

If you are serious about that one, get it inspected by an independent shop as far as how bad the damage was and if it was repaired properly, etc. And then go from there. There is usually always room for negotiating the price down.