GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Base Model Pony Car Rant Thread

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
What's weird is that in the Focus RS They'll salivate over it, but not in the mustang.
It's a smaller, lighter car. The 2.3 is too small in the mustang to be muscular.
v8 or go home. I don't really see the ecoboost mustang as well...... mustang. I see it as another alternative RWD 4 banger turbo with good gas mileage, like the hyundai genesis 2.0t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see it as another hatchback offering. Albeit, a big, quick, rwd hatch option.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
It's a smaller, lighter car. The 2.3 is too small in the mustang to be muscular.

I see it as another hatchback offering. Albeit, a big, quick, rwd hatch option.

it's a coupe, doe. A modern fox body hatch would be nice to have now.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
This is my new favorite thread on the forum. Subscribed with pleasure :wub:

The worst is the V6 mustangs with borla atak pipes. like what are you fucking doing, your car sounds like what happens when you put a baby in the blender.

I just don't get the appeal without the V8. That is literally what defines the car's personality.

Oh and the ecoboost mustang DON'T EVEN GET ME FUCKING STARTED

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
The only mustang I really like besides the gt500 and such is my buddys SVT cobra, twin turbo that is!

Sent from my iPhone

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
Not sure what Obama has to do with V8s but I digress.

Friend of mine, really nice guy. Unfortunately he has a V6 Camaro...didn't really think it could get worse as far as sticking up for him but...one day after work I was checking over his paint after he told me someone side-swiped him at a parking lot. He hands me the keys so I could drive it to get me to my parking spot in another parking deck. I decided to play around with his 'manual' mode...he didn't know when to use the paddles to shift, I was the first to use this 'feature' of his car...it felt horrible, I could see why those that haven't driven something with a PDK or a DSG hate autos with a passion and talk all sorts of shit about paddles...

I suppose the HUD is cool, for 5 minutes...

So not everyone with a V6 is a dick but they sure as hell bought the wrong car. At least he wants a Z28.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
I'll try and post pics, it only has 19k miles on it, it barely leaves the garage, true definition of a sleeper, it's stupid fast tho!

Sent from my iPhone

That is awesome dude, what kind of numbers does it put down? I'm guessing a lot :laugh: . If you're on IG follow boosted_cars, they post some really nuts stuff.

I'm giving it less then 10 years before we get a turbo diesel mustang.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
That is awesome dude, what kind of numbers does it put down? I'm guessing a lot :laugh: . If you're on IG follow boosted_cars, they post some really nuts stuff.

I'm giving it less then 10 years before we get a turbo diesel mustang.

i'll have to ask him today at work.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
V6 camaro (auto) bro at the car wash with what i believe was borla atak pipes. came in at a billion miles an hour. washed the car, revved it up and attempted to rip out of the parking lot. car sounded like absolute garbage, like a tin can. i simply cannot understand how anyone looking for a camaro/ mustang type car could find that interesting or attractive.

zrickety

The Fixer
Everyone knows a tuned GTI is a Corvette killer. The base model pony cars are for chumps.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
V6 mustang/camaro still sounds better than any GTI and actually comes with an LSD. This thread reads like a bunch of bros in glass houses throwing stones at people in log cabins.

Not the point. we're objectively making fun of base model pony cars alone, not in comparison to our cars which many call muscle car killers (something I think is hilarious). This isn't a pro - VW thread hiding in an anti V6 muscle car thread haha. Them being a technically better car is obviously true but there is more to a car's appeal then it being a mechanically superior car to something else. Nobody is trying to prove the GTI is better.

Last edited:

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
Not the point. we're objectively making fun of base model pony cars alone, not in comparison to our cars which many call muscle car killers (something I think is hilarious). This isn't a pro - VW thread hiding in an anti V6 muscle car thread haha. Them being a technically better car is obviously true but there is more to a car's appeal then it being a mechanically superior car to something else. Nobody is trying to prove the GTI is better.

And that is the point exactly. Cars that should be decent sports cars in theory are ruined by soulless V6s and slushboxes that feel more at home in a Corolla or a Versa. And the part of their ownership population that acts like they're driving a 911 GT3.