GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

master water/meth discussion thread

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Hmm thats all got me thinking is there a flow chart resource anywhere? I'm on 2x #225 nozzles really no idea how i'm doing. Haven't logged because i don't have a resource to log with.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Based on your build thread you are running a 93 tune and I assume you are running 93 in the tank. Water Meth will help you on a hot day when you have power loss because of the heat but the tune isn't really aggressive enough to take advantage of that much water/meth.

I had a K04 setup and ran a race file that required 100 octane fuel. I ran the file daily and in California we only have 91oct fuel so I made up the difference with water meth (50/50). In my setup I ran dual nozzle with 225ml off intercooler and 225ml in throttle body plate. With that setup I had zero timing retard throughout a 4th gear pull from 2500 rpm to 7000 rpm.

Yeah I won't be running a race file, just e30, but I am sure Alex will tune for the meth to some degree. The meth will be mostly for cooler temps at the track.

How come you only went with 225/225?

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I won't be running a race file, just e30, but I am sure Alex will tune for the meth to some degree. The meth will be mostly for cooler temps at the track.

Do have timing retard strange behavior issues with ED30? I read before the the ED30 has a bad behavior in timing retard even when it is stock and not tuned.
I have a swapped ED30 in my car and I realized that bad timing retard behavior!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic

I ran the crap out of mine at the track with no heat issues.

225/225 is all the w/m I needed to reach zero timing pull with a race file and like I said I was only running 91 in the fuel tank. Adding more than you need based upon logging will reduce power.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion

225/225 is all the w/m I needed to reach zero timing pull with a race file and like I said I was only running 91 in the fuel tank. Adding more than you need based upon logging will reduce power.

Giacuser, you have an IG?

zef

Drag Racing Champion

Makes sense - I was just going off of aqua's "rough" calculations for recommended flow.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Hello Everyone, I'm looking for advice or directions to posts about doing a DPI setup w/ a integrated engineering intake manifold. I also plan on putting a jet immediately post IC.

Car is stage 2, peak 25-26psi 16psi redline.

I located the jets specifically made for IE's manifold on aquamists site.

http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-...igned-specially-for-direct-port-applications/

I'm not really trying to run HFS4, what would be the next best option.

Also what's the difference between compression and horsetail ports? Which do I want.

I also plan on mounting my tank in the trunk.

Thanks for the help.

I've read about 50 pages of the thread l, got a lot left.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Hello Everyone, I'm looking for advice or directions to posts about doing a DPI setup w/ a integrated engineering intake manifold. I also plan on putting a jet immediately post IC.

http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-...igned-specially-for-direct-port-applications/

Also what's the difference between compression and horsetail ports? Which do I want.

Thanks for the help.

Thats close to what I am having done but I have an HPA intake manifold and will be running HFS4 Aquamist system.

The hose tail fittings were the original type barb where you just slide the tubing on to a tapered barb. They worked fine for folks running water/meth but not for folks running 100% methanol so in 2007 they came out with the compression fittings. I will be running 100% so I have all compression fittings.

Mounted tanks and pump in back and will vent them to the outside.

Few pics below. Though I have used Snow systems for years I would suggest you consider the full Aquamist system as I don't think you will be saving much by the time you buy all the part separately and there are some real advantages to using the Aquamist system.

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Thanks for the help.

From what I've read torqbyte cm5-lt is a good alternative to hfs-4. There is a Facebook group dedicated to it. PM HYDE-16, he is the admin

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
From what I've read torqbyte cm5-lt is a good alternative to hfs-4. There is a Facebook group dedicated to it. PM HYDE-16, he is the admin

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

With the torqbyte unit you have to source everything aside from the controller yourself right? I like fact that you can plug into your computer and modify the spray map. Don't know if I'm up to sourcing everything lol. I'd definitely need a part list. I've followed Hyde's threads for a few years now, I don't really use facebook but I might for this.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Thats close to what I am having done but I have an HPA intake manifold and will be running HFS4 Aquamist system.

The hose tail fittings were the original type barb where you just slide the tubing on to a tapered barb. They worked fine for folks running water/meth but not for folks running 100% methanol so in 2007 they came out with the compression fittings. I will be running 100% so I have all compression fittings.

Mounted tanks and pump in back and will vent them to the outside.

Few pics below. Though I have used Snow systems for years I would suggest you consider the full Aquamist system as I don't think you will be saving much by the time you buy all the part separately and there are some real advantages to using the Aquamist system.

Thanks for the pics. Setup looks awesome. I am reconsidering using the aquamist system. Looked at the latest guide v3.12 I think, seems relatively straight forward. I want to do this all myself, tired of paying shops for stuff. Aside from the control module and pump what else is in the aquamist kit. I know I'd need to get specific jets, what else? I know u20t is using this system any other recommended build threads, do you have one (maybe on mkv?).

For a 5 jet setup, do I need 5 jet distributor or just the for and feed the post IC jet from the pass through in the 4 jet distributor.

So basically would I select 4 or 5 cylinder for this:

http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-400-direct-port-bundle-options-this-shop-only/

I apologize for the excessive questions, I just want to do ample research and planning before I pull the trigger on this.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
With the torqbyte unit you have to source everything aside from the controller yourself right? I like fact that you can plug into your computer and modify the spray map. Don't know if I'm up to sourcing everything lol. I'd definitely need a part list. I've followed Hyde's threads for a few years now, I don't really use facebook but I might for this.

I believe you have to piece everything else together yourself. Don't think it would be too hard though. My plan is basically buy all the parts of the aquamist kit, just with the torqbyte controller instead. Also car groups are basically the only thing I use facebook for, its worth it though

2.0T Dan

Super easy to build yourself a methanol kit. Wish I did that instead of getting my AEM kit, but I got a decent deal on it. Basically what you need is nozzle(s), possibly a solenoid, wiring, controller, tank, tubing, and a pump. Most kits use a Aquatec 5800 Series Pump. You can easily buy a pump from aem, snow, devilsown, etc. The tubing is a standard 1/4 inch od, and you can source various push to connect adaptors and elbows to make bends. Depending on your controller you will have different setups (boost dependent, rpm, etc). Thats a general rundown, lots of info out there!

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
You can absolutely build it yourself. I was (and am) a huge fan of Aquamist as my first methanol kit. Richard the owner is literally the founding father of water methanol injection. There is no one else who knows more and has translated this knowledge into the highest quality jets, hardware, etc. As an Aquamist dealer I only promote and use their hardware for serious methanol builds.

In terms of the controller, Aquamist develops it's 3D map off of the OEM boost sensor (MAP) and IDC (ECU fuel injector voltage). You can determine how much weight you want to apply to each input to calculate the progressive delivery. Very smart and very easy to setup.

Torqbyte uses a high quality stand alone 4-bar MAP sensor which is great for anyone who wants to see boost visually over the OEM 2.5-bar MAP sensor (or 3-bar with APR). 4-bar lets me see over 30psi on my big turbo. The TB map is a duty cycle table based on boost and RPM. Grab the CM5-LT, grab a used meth pump from someone selling a kit or parts, buy ONLY Aquamist jets (other will argue this but I know what I know and have tested flow rates and spray patterns; nothing comes close to an internal check valve AM jet), Aquamist jet holders (so you can easily remove the jets for cleaning or changes; comes with a plug to remove the jet and plug the hole), source 4mm PTFE line and go to work with wiring and plumbing. With the CM5-LT, you can add a ProMeth PWM solenoid to control the methanol just like Aquamist's fast acting valve (FAV). You can set the MAIN table to 100% pump duty cycle but PWM deliver the methanol through the solenoid and to your jet(s).

Join the TB FB group page I run, tons of data and help on there for TB users.

Last edited:

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks Hyde, you just added me lol I'm ill_mk6 on ig. I'm gonna try to read through the posts this week if I have time