GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This forum is almost dead

torga

Autocross Champion
For what little my opinion's worth, I think all the Golfmk(x).com forums should be merged, because each generation of the car will introduce an exodus of folks out of the predecessor's forum. If we were a single forum, it would be a booming forum.

Though, I will say that the GTI community isn't as tight-knit as say the WRX community. Moreover, there seems to be separation between the generations on and offline. It feels like Mk7 drivers don't even acknowledge my Mk6. Whereas even my beater 09 Impreza is noticed and welcomed in the modified Subaru communities.

...Maybe it's just me...
I agree on the loose-knit family. I used to be a Toyota guy (I still am, but I used to be, too) and that enthusiast group sticks together through thick and thin, across models and generations. All the Celica, Supra, Corolla and MR-2 guys live together in harmony.
When I pass another GTI/R, whether it be a 6 or a 7, I always look but generally the other owners don't care.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I agree on the loose-knit family. I used to be a Toyota guy (I still am, but I used to be, too) and that enthusiast group sticks together through thick and thin, across models and generations. All the Celica, Supra, Corolla and MR-2 guys live together in harmony.
When I pass another GTI/R, whether it be a 6 or a 7, I always look but generally the other owners don't care.

yep relatable

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Generally the ones who don't mod don't care. When i see a GTI or R modded I'll try a nod sometimes i get a wave or nod back sometimes i get a nice pull. Most the time my nod goes unnoticed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Are any of my peeps still on the forum? I havent been really on in a while

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Are any of my peeps still on the forum? I havent been really on in a while

I still get on but there aren't many new posts unfortunately.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I still get on but there aren't many new posts unfortunately.

Yeah ive been noticing that as well. I would log on and check the main couple forums and see like only a handful of post so i just kinda shifted more towards reddit and stuff

Hey man! hows everything going, you get the full time coaching position?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Yeah ive been noticing that as well. I would log on and check the main couple forums and see like only a handful of post so i just kinda shifted more towards reddit and stuff

Hey man! hows everything going, you get the full time coaching position?

things are going. still no word, i dont expect to hear much until august

pdan

Ready to race!
Still here. Still cursing working on this damn car. Will be updating more now that I have more time to work on it, bought a daily. 2009 genesis sedan. Tell me I’m nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdan

Ready to race!
Thankfully someone finally said it

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Thankfully someone finally said it

Haha to be fair ive been driving my girls hyundai veloster a lot lately. Things ridiculously cheap on gas. I want to get a truck but ill probably end up keeping this GTI for a few more years to be honest

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie