GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

zrickety

The Fixer
I say all the plastic headlights fading is unacceptable, but everyone has them. If you're under warranty, that's one thing. If not, it sucks but don't expect Osram to help. I would hit them with some clear coat and call it a day.

torga

Autocross Champion
I say all the plastic headlights fading is unacceptable, but everyone has them. If you're under warranty, that's one thing. If not, it sucks but don't expect Osram to help. I would hit them with some clear coat and call it a day.
Are there any clear coats that you'd recommend?
I get that plastic lenses are lighter and cheaper, but man there's nothing like a glass headlight. The OEM projector headlights on my Celica are ~23 years old and they're still crystal clear.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
I get that plastic lenses are lighter and cheaper, but man there's nothing like a glass headlight. The OEM projector headlights on my Celica are ~23 years old and they're still crystal clear.

The kind from the SS-III/GT-Four? I used to be an old Toyota nut and loved Celicas.

torga

Autocross Champion
The kind from the SS-III/GT-Four? I used to be an old Toyota nut and loved Celicas.
Exactly those! I have a 6th gen, with a few JDM goodies, including those projectors and SS-III seats.
Here's a pretty recent photo next to a random 7th gen.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Something with UV protection

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Installed my mocal oil cooler today with the help of a friend. No more overheating on the track :D

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion

Common problem down here in Florida with the insane sun we have. Wet sand, polish and then have them ceramic coated. That’s what everyone here does. They’ll actually look better than they did new with the ceramic on this since it technically is a 9h glass layer on the lens.

torga

Autocross Champion
Common problem down here in Florida with the insane sun we have. Wet sand, polish and then have them ceramic coated. That’s what everyone here does. They’ll actually look better than they did new with the ceramic on this since it technically is a 9h glass layer on the lens.
Do they need to be removed for a ceramic coat? I live in the dry desert SW, so that's a major problem here as well.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
This week I installed Integrated Engineering's DSG tune. Afterward I felt that the Cobb stage 1 didn't mesh with it very well so I sold the Cobb AP and bought IE's stage 1 tune. The car feels pretty frisky now. ;^)

On Saturday I did a DSG service and then replaced the stock brake fluid with Castrol SRF.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
swept 4 months of winter grime/dirt/dust of garage floor saturday....gti now covered in haze. shouldve pulled car out yeah. whoops.