GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

ksandman

Ready to race!

A bit late to the game but got some Euros installed and was too excited about it to not care about the crummy lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eBay or oem?

torga

Autocross Champion
Finally put a new clutch, throwout bearing, rear main seal in. Also changed the fluid in the transmission.

119k miles, OEM clutch has been slipping since around 1k miles

Been tuned since then or something? What clutch did you put in?

torga

Autocross Champion
Haha so true... I’ve had K04 for a while I think I’ve gotten used to the power now...

But it made me realize how quick it is whenever I hop on from my miata to the gti [emoji23] I wouldn’t say fast but it’s pretty quick

I hopped in my Celica after a while of not driving it and thought the clutch was slipping for a second. My GTI isn't even that crazy - just a Stage 1 tune, really. But the Celica harnesses the supreme power of an entire one hundred horsepower..... on a good day :laugh:

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Just got new tires: Continental ExtremeContact DWS06. Basic, first impression is that they're so much quieter than the Pirellis I previously had on the front, especially in the 20-30 mph range where they were extra noisy.

I think one of my next projects will be to add some extra sound deadening to the car, take it even further.

My GTI has been wearing Conti DWS06 tires for a couple of years now. They are still quiet, but I roate them every 5,000 miles. doing rotations seems to be the key to keeping tires quiet. For my use these tires are great. Enjoy yours.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Hatch trim and one rear door card removed before sun went down. Not bad so far 10-15 pounds right there.

xvxmk6

Ready to race!
What are your thought on the fitment? Also, looks like you paint your rear valence and exhaust tips black. Looks good!

Fitment was alright. The black plastic trim pieces that are on the sides of the hatch lights came hot glued on. I saw this with another second hand pair i had bought, so i guess it comes that way? Idk. I had to pull the trim piece off to fit it though. It snapped back in place where it was supposed to when i was done. Not sure why it was glued lmao. I had to use the adjustment screws to get the body lights to fit flush, and i think those stripped out? They’re just plastic as far as i can tell. They fit fine other than that, i think they’re well worth the $265 i paid for them.

The valence is plastidip and the exhaust tips are polished soot from the detailer [emoji23]

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Remove or gloss black gti emblem . Change my mind. Looks great doe

Gloss black VW with a color matched background. Best look IMO, it's what i'll be doing eventually and it goes really well with the gloss black valance.

Also Osram got back to me saying they are looking into it and they will get back to me again within a week.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Gloss black VW with a color matched background. Best look IMO, it's what i'll be doing eventually and it goes really well with the gloss black valance.

Also Osram got back to me saying they are looking into it and they will get back to me again within a week.

Cant say i disagree, i been meaning to do gloss black then color matched insert. Never got around to it.