GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Winter Set-up

M3LO

Ready to race!
this was my first time buying tires specifically for the winter...tirerack made the process very easy. I also would like to give a shout out to sgessler2011, who was kind to answer questions about his winter set-up.

I ended up with the Dunlops thanks to sgesslers suggestion. However, I had the hardest time picking out some rims. I settled with the Rial Milano. Let me know what you guys think of my set-up.

205/55R-16 Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D

16x6.5 Rial Milano TI GUNMETL

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=Rial&wheelModel=Milano&wheelFinish=Titanium+Gunmetal&partnum=MI65538A21TG

Last edited:

Feyd

I think these are going to be quite popular this year...

I too went with the Rials...

M3LO

Ready to race!
nice man! - thanks for posting the pic, the rims look great!. What tires did you end up with?

GiGi GTI

Ready to race!
I feel your pan M3LO- the wheels are such a big decision! I'm buying mine from Tire Rack soon as well. Same tires, but I'm thinking about the moda MD14. I think it will look nice with the glossy b-pillars.

Any comments on the fitment for those? 16x7.5 48mm offset. I'm mostly concerned about the offset being too much. 7.5 is a little wider than I'd prefer, too.

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
this was my first time buying tires specifically for the winter...tirerack made the process very easy. I also would like to give a shout out to sgessler2011, who was kind to answer questions about his winter set-up.

I ended up with the Dunlops thanks to sgesslers suggestion. However, I had the hardest time picking out some rims. I settled with the Rial Milano. Let me know what you guys think of my set-up.

205/55R-16 Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D

16x6.5 Rial Milano TI GUNMETL

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=Rial&wheelModel=Milano&wheelFinish=Titanium+Gunmetal&partnum=MI65538A21TG

Thanks buddy,
I kind of can't wait to try my new wheels and tires. It will be cold and snowy soon enough.
Good luck!
Steve

Feyd

nice man! - thanks for posting the pic, the rims look great!. What tires did you end up with?

Blizzak WS70s... The only choice for me as I ran the WS60s on my BMW for a couple seasons and loved them to death. :thumbsup:

M3LO

Ready to race!
hey Sonny - I tried contacting you when I was ordering my tires but couldn't get through to you...oh well, a gentleman by the name of Todd was more than helpful.

My tires and Rims arrived this past wed...first time ordering from tirerack.com....seamless transaction!

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
hey Sonny - I tried contacting you when I was ordering my tires but couldn't get through to you...oh well, a gentleman by the name of Todd was more than helpful.

My tires and Rims arrived this past wed...first time ordering from tirerack.com....seamless transaction!

Sounds good! Sorry I missed your call! What did you end up with?