GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

XGC75 - One for the Road

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
just got around to looking at your driving the smokey mountains pics and they are great. that looks like it was a blast

Excellent. Best part was the car ;) (oops, I'm supposed to say it was my wife, huh..:laugh:)

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect

McQueen77

Banned
Excellent. Best part was the car ;) (oops, I'm supposed to say it was my wife, huh..:laugh:)

haha. yeah i was looking at those pictures, with her sitting in the car and she's probably just like my wife like "oh my god, are you seriously taking another picture of your car again?"

you're just like "huh? what?? no. God no.. just you know.. the scenery and of course YOU."

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
check your gas filler cap. iirc, it's a 2-trip code for the CEL so a good trip or two of similar conditions (rpm, load, warm engine, etc) should clear it automatically.

Cool, thanks for chiming in. What are we supposed to make of the date, huh?! 2009.17.16... There's neither a 17th or 16th month of the year haha, much less that it's 2012! The car was built in Nov '11...

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
♩ ♪ Going to the track this afternoon ♪ ♫

♩ ♪ Gonna drive all night ♪ ♫

♩ ♪ Gonna to turn off ESC ♪ ♫

♩ ♪ Gonna be
♬ so ♪
♬ much ♫
♩ fuuunnn ♪ ♫

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Just put down $664 on a winter setup. Michelin Xi2's on closeout for $121/piece on steelies for $34/piece. Happy with the deal, should last me four winters and all that time to save for k04!

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Funny how I'm focusing on wheels atm. You might notice on my build page (OP) that wheels weren't even on my radar, now I have both a dedicated winter setup and a summer wheel waiting for worn stockers and their own rubber. :burnrubber:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
THIS JUST IN :happyanim:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Nurbs are here!! Can't wait for spring!

Until then, though, I'm rocking the steelies. I actually really like the look! And man, these Michelin Xi2's are comfortable. And quiet! They must be the quietest tires I've ever had on any one of my cars. Cons so far? Marshmallow steering - that feeling when you turn the wheel and wait a while before you start heading in the other direction. Overall very happy.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Nurbs are #1 on my list. I think I'm going to ride the stock Detroits/Pirellis through this first winter though...

Hah! Went back and forth on this. First I wanted winters first, then realized I could put more $ towards mods if I used the all seasons, then I realized I'm just putting it off since I'd need winters when I have summer tires on anyways. Yeah I'm disappointed that stage 1 will be next summer rather than now, but happy I got all this out of the way. And like you alluded to, lightweight wheels are important and a performance mod in their own right. As is I can't wait until the spring!