GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1 pick of the new look - Utilitarian GTI

KO7

Ready to race!
How effective are the mudflaps in keeping the back of the car clean during / after rainy days? Drives me nuts that my CW GTI gets IMPOSSIBLY dirty while the rest of the car still looks clean from a few feet away.

herbert6368

Go Kart Champion
How effective are the mudflaps in keeping the back of the car clean during / after rainy days? Drives me nuts that my CW GTI gets IMPOSSIBLY dirty while the rest of the car still looks clean from a few feet away.

They do nothing, just dragging the shit out of it on the road

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
The aerodynamics of every hatchback causes a large low pressure area behind the car which is always going to pull in dust and dirt to the back of the car. The mud flaps just stop the car from spitting road debris and rocks (especially on some of the dirt and/or gravel roads to get to trails heads) down the side of the car and at the bikes on back.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
They do nothing, just dragging the shit out of it on the road

agree, my mudflaps didnt do much of anything to keep the car cleaner, ended up taking them off later. i bet they do keep a couple rocks from flying up though..

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
agree, my mudflaps didnt do much of anything to keep the car cleaner, ended up taking them off later. i bet they do keep a couple rocks from flying up though..

Especially with 235+'s.

Op, you're not done... Where's the caravan?

butchered by autocorrecr

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'd slap on some Rally Armour flaps out in CO... seriously.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Mudflaps don't prevent the dirt build up out back... just fyi. Good call on not selling the gti for an SUV, it really does have nearly the same space thanks to being a hatch.

zrickety

The Fixer
Too bad the roof is only rated at 165 lbs, hitch is awesome though. Let's see that stock suspension!

GHM73

Ready to race!
that looks great man. I think you've helped me decide to get a hitch for mine :)

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I finally gave in and but it back to stock ride height. I was plowing some snow in a ski resort parking lot today, 9" of fresh powder