GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Poor business practices Enkei

mfdave

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Ya'll.

Disclaimer - I have never roasted a company online before, but I have never been through such an mind-boggling cluster@#$&* in all my life.

I'm at a loss for words at the level of ineptitude Enkei customer service has displayed this last 5 months. I will spare you the saga and just say that I received 2 defective wheels 5 months ago and the situation is still not resolved. They are standing their ground and won't budge to amazement of myself and America's Tire who I bought the wheels through.

I caution against supporting this company. If there is something wrong with the wheels you buy (in my case, the screw holes are too small to put a wheel cap on) they will not accept responsibility. I've taken photos, emailed, phone calls, even had the manager at America's Tire speak to them. NOTHING.

The dude's name is KING at Enkei. I was soooo stoked when I got these wheels (even posted photos here!). Now I'm stuck with a set of $2000 defective wheels from a company who has treated me with the utmost dis
respect.

Wheels were rsm9's btw (special ordered straight from Japan)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Why can't americas tire help you? Take up a claim with your credit card...

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
^That. I would have given them 2-3 weeks and then called my CC company. Boom. Money back in your hand immediately.

mfdave

Passed Driver's Ed
Great advice!

I'm embarrassed not to have thought of it myself.

Gracias!!!

zrickety

The Fixer
I saw your pic in the other thread, had them mounted on the car almost 6 months ago? Do you have a pic of the problem? I'm not sure I understand the screw holes.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
if you're talking about the oem wheel cap, that's not an issue. it's an aftermarket wheel. buy regular wheel locks if you're concerned about it being stolen.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
I am so confused as to what is wrong with the wheels

vrBilstein86

Ready to race!
do wheels even get stolen these days?

Oh ya. My buddies A4 was on cinder blocks after he came back from a business trip. Not sure why he didnt have wheel locks.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
do wheels even get stolen these days?

yes,

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i mean wheel locks help but won't stop someone that's determined. and i know the oem wheel locks are hard to break without the right pick tool, but every vw has one in their spare tire well.

who was it that said laying frame was the best way to prevent your wheels from being stolen? lol can't pull 'em if you can't jack up the car.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I too would like to see what is actually wrong with your wheels?

EricVdB

Passed Driver's Ed
i mean wheel locks help but won't stop someone that's determined. and i know the oem wheel locks are hard to break without the right pick tool, but every vw has one in their spare tire well.

who was it that said laying frame was the best way to prevent your wheels from being stolen? lol can't pull 'em if you can't jack up the car.

Not if the wheels are nice enough. They'll just take the floor jack most of them use and ram it into the bodywork until they grab something stable enough to jack from. I've seen cars where this has been done and its pretty gut wrenching to see as a car guy.

Still not seeing whats actually wrong with the OP's wheels. My one encounter with Enkei CS was very positive but it seems like the shop you bought from should have been dealing with this sort of thing not you.

mfdave

Passed Driver's Ed
Yo. Sorry for the delay in getting back to ya'll.

What's wrong with the wheel - Enkei bored the screw holes too small to fit their wheel cap on ONE of the wheels. America's tires (and me) could not get the wheel cap on because of this. So, I have been rolling around without a wheel cap on one wheel.

Make sense? We are talking a matter of millimeters in size, so pics don't really show much. Let me know if I can clarify further.

And yes - wheels still get stolen... especially where I live in the bay area!