GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can I download Navigation Software anywhere?

Timo

Ready to race!
Not sure. Might be my bad, I just saw the thread title but didn't read anything in here. Was just sharing the link because it's hidden in the Canada thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

visortgw

OK done but that discussion is about updating the RNS510 using a DVD. Are you saying to expect the same amount of time to update the RNS315 using the SD card? 2 hours?

Yes, it takes a couple of hours to update from the SD card. If the head unit powers off (due to non-use), just power it back on, and it picks up where it left off.

pngorba

Ready to race!
Yes, it takes a couple of hours to update from the SD card. If the head unit powers off (due to non-use), just power it back on, and it picks up where it left off.

Thanks for the heads-up. I broke down and bought the $99 update the last day it was on sale. I expect it to arrive any day now. They'll probably release a new version next month, huh? :( My 2012 said it was on V2 so that's how I justified it but even at $99 it's overpriced to me.

MyStro023

Ready to race!
Thanks for the heads-up. I broke down and bought the $99 update the last day it was on sale. I expect it to arrive any day now. They'll probably release a new version next month, huh? :( My 2012 said it was on V2 so that's how I justified it but even at $99 it's overpriced to me.

Same here about the version - I've decided I'd rather spend the money on that Android Head Unit at some point. LOL

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
Points of interest are the main change. Some new roads made in the past 5 years were added, some.

They never update speed limits, that grinds my gears.

I went from v2 to v7 BTW

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Points of interest are the main change. Some new roads made in the past 5 years were added, some.

They never update speed limits, that grinds my gears.

I went from v2 to v7 BTW

Speed limits this is a German car they don't obey the speed limits lol. J/k or maybe not lol

reedsposer22

Ready to race!
Wow, awesome how price was slashed by $100 dollars for even a newer version (V7) for the RNS 315. Does anyone have this version and if so, do you like it?

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Just updated my nav last night. I can also confirm that the SD card cannot be formatted by a Windows computer. Haven't tried Linux, but Windows does not recognize the capacity and will not format the card.

Last edited:

Nelly

Ready to race!
Which version were you on before? And which one now? It's just map and road updates?
Just updated my nav last night. I can also confirm that the SD card cannot be formatted by a Windows computer. Haven't tried Linux, but Windows does not recognize the capacity and will not format the card.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk