GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Would you buy your car again?

Would you buy your car again (only vote if you have 10,000 miles or more on your car)

• DEFINITELY 100% YES

Votes: 49 47.6%
  • Highly likely 80+%

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Probably yes

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Coin toss

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Probably not

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • no way, not even if the car was free

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Hell no, not even if you paid me

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

waffleman

Ready to race!
My internet connection crashed while making the poll up, so here's a re-do

ONLY VOTE IF YOU HAVE OVER 10,000 miles!!!

(it's very rare one doesn't like a brand new car - but after 10K miles, or more, you get the real picture on satisfaction)

For me, it's a definite yes.

I now have about 10,500 miles.

I really like the handling, power, quiet ride. I think the ride good, even with the 19 inch tires (not too harsh of a ride). I really enjoy the manual transmission which is smooth and precise. I just finished a round trip from Washington DC area to Charlotte NC (400 miles each way) and was extremely pleased with the ride on the highway - very comfortable , quiet ride. The seats are great for long trips. I am also very happy with the cloth seats which don't get too hot in the summer (we've been roasting in 100F weather past few weeks) or too cold in the winter. The car was great in snow this winter (and boy, did we get alot of it this winter).

Issues: the rear nozzle drip, I am waiting for the parts. A slight rattle from the front dash which comes and goes. I will eventually have the dealer look at it.

FFAC

Ready to race!
Most definitely!

I have 11,500 miles and so far so good. I really like the power (and I don't even have the tune...need to though!), the handling, and the interior.

vdub10golf

Go Kart Champion
I'm at about 11,000 miles now, and my only "problem" is i'd still rather have a GTI, but I still love it!

Luis G

Passed Driver's Ed
Hell YES. I have 12500 and just had the car APR stage one flash. Now it is like a new car again.

Marvin

Ready to race!
I have had my Golf a year now and am generally very pleased with it, however, notwithstanding the extra smoothness and better looking interior of the MK6 over my previous MK5, I don't think that I would buy it again.

For my next car I am looking to the Far East and will look very thoroughly at the Kia C'eed or the Hyundai i30. Both these cars are much cheaper than my current car (which is now well over priced for what it is).

wildcars

Ready to race!
I am very pleased with my Golf!! I love it.. Especially with the DSG..

But if i buy one agian, i want SATNAV and all the other optinos that i thought i didn't need...

scbastv

Ready to race!
just about 15,000 miles here, and YES...i would def buy again.

absolutely :wub: this car!

only thing id do different is the order of my mods...:D

Nefilim

Ready to race!
I would mark myself in the 80%+ bracket merely because of my financial situation and the release of the very attractive Ford Fiesta.

rigti9

Ready to race!
I put 100% yes, but I only have about 8k miles... I figured close enough. W/ how much room I still have to update and mod my car, it's going to be so fun over these next few years.

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
In a word, yes. (only 7500 miles so I did not vote, but wanted to chime in to the thread)

subacpw

Ready to race!
no i wouldnt buy it again.

i dont like the DSG the dam pause before acceleration pisses me off. FWD sux (my old car was a WRX) i chirp the tires way too often after backing out of a parking spot esp on the main road here in auburn because the dam car takes 20+seconds seemingly to engage the clutch for forward movement.

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
no i wouldnt buy it again.

i dont like the DSG the dam pause before acceleration pisses me off. FWD sux (my old car was a WRX) i chirp the tires way too often after backing out of a parking spot esp on the main road here in auburn because the dam car takes 20+seconds seemingly to engage the clutch for forward movement.

That will be fixed after you do your apr flash

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
I have 5k miles and I would buy it again just because there's no better car in the market for this price. The pedals vibration and the fact that I find the seats and the overall driver position so uncomfortable kills it for me, so I would probably choose another car if it had the same quality and horsepower for around the same price.

pvivino

Ready to race!
I'm just at 10,000 miles and would definitely buy again. I have no issues except an occ drop on the rear window - not enough to bother going for repair. I can and have bought much more expensive cars but have no desire to at this point. If I get a faster car, I just get tickets. The GTI has all of the features I want and is plenty fast. I don't want a rwd for daily driver - too much rain and snow. I don't want awd - too much weight, and mpg penalty. FWD is the best for daily driver.

If I bought again I would get the xenons for sure.