GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Check my wiring harness?

Bender1

Banned
So I haven't worked with car audio in years and years and years. Could someone take a look at my wiring harness and just confirm that I am not completely out to lunch on it? This is a PAC Rp4-VW11 to a Pioneer x940bt.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArTivX-OLw-SdDA5RWhWbnJxWGgxSGRMVkZhTTZOdFE&usp=sharing

I have been running into trouble verifying if the radio on and amp on inputs really go unused (I do NOT have anything downstream of the head unit besides a ND-TMC10 and a GEX-P20HD - no amps or anything else).

Thanks to all smarter than I am.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
im not too familiar with the PAC piece honestly, but the radio on input, looks like it needs to be hooked up to the pioneer amp turn on. that is the only thing I see that it might need. Also if it is a new pioneer, I think they did away with the VSS wire....but it is possible that the upper end units still have that wire.

Bender1

Banned
yes I definitely have a VSS wire (labeled in the book and tagged on the wire).

no special wire on the pioneer for amp turn on - on the pioneer side the antenna wire is what supplies the turn on signal downstream. Thats why I am a bit confused. I THINK its unused but not 100% positive.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
And on the install diagram for that module, im only showing 1 blue/white input to the pac piece, not 2

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
pioneer doesn't have a dedicated power antenna output and amplifier turn on output, it is just the one trigger.

use that antenna output to the radio on input.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
side note: I have a good amount of friends that work for PAC, so if you need anything let me know. Ill get you in touch with one of them. Very good friend of mine is in R&D there also.

Bender1

Banned
pioneer doesn't have a dedicated power antenna output and amplifier turn on output, it is just the one trigger.

use that antenna output to the radio on input.

perfect - so wire the antenna and radio on both to that?

THANKS!

soze

Go Kart Champion
Damn, didn't realize you had the same setup as me. Does your unit stay on when you turn off the car but leave the key in?

soze

Go Kart Champion
Maybe you guys can help me see if I'm missing something.

PAC Audio RP4-VW11 to Pioneer X940-BT.

Blue wires are hooked up to the Dual Fakra radio antenna adapter (not pictured) plus corresponding blue wires on RP4 and Pioneer harness.