GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problem Dealer Can't Diagnose

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
yeah there was some pretty good stuff in there before it got the kibosh put on it.
definitely would make you think twice about spending money with some of these aftermarket companies.

Spooled24

Ready to race!
Good thread to read. My car will start up every time tho. It just cranks long. So idk if its the same issue in some regard. Obviously if the VW engineers say its because of the ECM, then I would believe that the tune is the problem. So when I get the car back and go reflash it, hopefully I don't have the same problem.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Good thread to read. My car will start up every time tho. It just cranks long. So idk if its the same issue in some regard. Obviously if the VW engineers say its because of the ECM, then I would believe that the tune is the problem. So when I get the car back and go reflash it, hopefully I don't have the same problem.

Case of beer says you dont ;) but good luck either way sorry you had to chase your tail

Spooled24

Ready to race!
Case of beer says you dont ;) but good luck either way sorry you had to chase your tail

Haha I would be down for that, it has been annoying for sure. I just want my car back dude. I am incomplete without it. But I appreciate everyone's feedback and responses. Any bit helps! I will keep this thread updated when I get the car back and then when I go get it reflashed next week. I am also doing new sparks just in case as well. Debating doing an intake at the same time lol...

gti925

Passed Driver's Ed
I had this exact problem. Car would often have to crank for a long time especially when sitting for ~8hrs (ie, a day at work). I took my car in for the 10k service, they said that they couldn't duplicate it. Long story short, they ended up replacing the HPFP and that fixed it. It's probably unlikely that you got 2 bad HPFPs in a row, but something to keep in mind if the ECM replacement doesn't fix it.

Sonny

juragan

Passed Driver's Ed
has been bookmark, this seems like a very interesting thread

Stinger

Ready to race!
If it is the ECM I would be surprised if this shop doesn't charge you a chunk of money for all the new parts and labor since this is clearly an aftermarket part issue.

Spooled24

Ready to race!
Hey guys! Just got the car back!!! The ECM was the problem. All the work to the car was done under warranty. The guys at this dealer are awesome and they said they basically warranty anything. My car is back to stock and I have an appointment on Friday to get the car refreshed. Only downside is since its a new ECU the authorized APR dealer has to unmark the stage 1 tune from my old ecu and reflash my new ecu. I am going to get NGK sparks installed from them as a precaution as well. So one more step and the car is back to being a beast!!

Spooled24

Ready to race!

Hey guys! New update. So I went to Goodspeed where I had my car originally flashed to Stage 1 APR. They reflashed the car and I had the same starting problem. Looks like you owe me a case of beer hommie. Lol. So John at Goodspeed said he was going to refund me APRs flash price and now we are going to try out GIAC. Rough shit...

ViR

The Russian
Argh, I have the same issue, but dealer didnt suggest to do any "safe TD1-free" investigation.. Even warned me, we can do more, but you will get flagged...

Did you flash to APR and issue re-appeared? Are you going to re-flash to another vendor soon? Let us know if problem gets resolved.

P.S. Interesting how my issue happened around the same time, solar flare? :)

Spooled24

Ready to race!
Argh, I have the same issue, but dealer didnt suggest to do any "safe TD1-free" investigation.. Even warned me, we can do more, but you will get flagged...

Did you flash to APR and issue re-appeared? Are you going to re-flash to another vendor soon? Let us know if problem gets resolved.

P.S. Interesting how my issue happened around the same time, solar flare? :)

Yeah I got a brand new ECU from service, then today I went back to where I was originally flashed to APR in order to reflash the now new stock ecu to Stage 1. I got a call from the guy at the dealer and he said the same thing happened with my start issue. So I am going to reflash today to GIAC. John at Goodspeed is amazing to deal with. So I hope this tune is as good as APR if not maybe better. I will keep this thread updated.

Spooled24

Ready to race!
Car is in a whole mess of trouble currently, didn't go GIAC. Will update when I figure out the whole situation. Hopefully it should be resolved Monday.