GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unofficial APR Stage 2 Thread- All Things APR Stage 2 Related

allset

Go Kart Champion
I tried to find a thread like this with no luck; although there is alot of scattered info. So, in an effort to streamline and centralize APR Stage 2 info, lets give it a go.

Like it says, all things related to APR's Stage 2, The Good, The Awesome, The Bad & Ugly. Technical questions & information, suggestions & advice, fixes, fault codes, logs, hardware/tune inter-relation, Sales/Trades giving first dibs, etc.

Last edited:

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
Ill start:

a few days after going stage 2 I found the following fault thru vag-com:

1 Fault Found:
000136 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure: Too High
P0088 - 000 - - - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100000
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 3
Mileage: 24093 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2011.14.26
Time: 08:59:23

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 1317 /min
Load: 11.4 %
Speed: 1.0 km/h
Temperature: 99.0°C
Temperature: 43.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 1000.0 mbar
Voltage: 13.716 V

Readiness: 0010 0001

There was no CEL or noticeable issues like stuttering. i cleared it that night but it came back the next morning. Drove with it for a few days and cleared it again. Its been about a week and it hasnt come back so its a watch and wait thing for now.

Other than that, I LOVE Stage 2. It pulls like crazy bottom to top. Ive had no other issues with any of the flashes since i got started in Nov 2010.

I had the similar to yours and send the loggings to APR. They said, everything is fine. There's nothing I should be worried about. Will post up the loggings in a bit.

On the other hand, I am loving the power every day since late Oct. 2010 at 14k miles. Right now, it's at 23,500 miles. Loving it lot! No problem with the car at all. Clutch is still great! Hopefully, it will last little bit longer, meanwhile, I dont launch or shift hard or track the car. It's basically my daily driven car.

Last edited:

allset

Go Kart Champion
I had the similar to yours and send the loggings to APR. They said, everything is fine. There's nothing I should be worried about. Will post up the loggings in a bit.

On the other hand, I am loving the power every day since late Oct. 2010 at 14k miles. Right now, it's at 23,500 miles. Loving it lot! No problem with the car at all. Clutch is still great! Hopefully, it will last little bit longer, meanwhile, I dont launch or shift hard or track the car. It's basically my daily driven car.

I was about to do some logs this week end but it hasnt come back i wast going to do them. But now i have your logs, i will run them just to compare.

Yep, im waiting on my clutch to go. i only have 14,000 miles but they are hard miles.

Thanks for the logs!

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
I was about to do some logs this week end but it hasnt come back i wast going to do them. But now i have your logs, i will run them just to compare.

Yep, im waiting on my clutch to go. i only have 14,000 miles but they are hard miles.

Thanks for the logs!

:thumbup:

What kind of clutch would you get?

BTW, I have AWE TBE, S3IC with AWE Hoses, AWE TOP, and APR 1/2 Intake.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
I can testify the stage 2 does make the car significantly faster. Scary acceleration from what you are used to.....

Also makes "d" mode much more enjoyable and significantly more responsive. Driving stock "D" was laggy and annoying at times.

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
i'll be honest the move from Stage 1 to Stage 2 wasn't as big of a increase as I had imagined. Maybe its just because the powerband is smoother, less peaky torque... I need to run some logs to compare them to my stage 1 tune and see the differences.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
i was disappointed with the stage 1 to stage 1+intake move.hope i wont be with the move to stage 2.

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
APR stage II has been sweet. I have used the A/C a few times and noticed that it really kills low-end tip in response (just like when it was stock but it seems more extreme). Anyone else experience this?

vilesyntax

Ready to race!
i was disappointed with the stage 1 to stage 1+intake move.hope i wont be with the move to stage 2.

Same.. I went stage 1 + intake at the same time. I could definitely feel the low-end torque, but overall I thought I was going to be blown away by how much different it was. It's nice, definitely worth the $ to performance ratio, but I just had some higher hopes.

Stage 2 is coming soon for me, looking forward to it!

omes4life1

Ready to race!
Wht are the dyno #'s For APR stage2+? plus how much boost do we put out with it?

allset

Go Kart Champion
:thumbup:

What kind of clutch would you get?

BTW, I have AWE TBE, S3IC with AWE Hoses, AWE TOP, and APR 1/2 Intake.

South Bend stage 2 daily or enduance likely. Im pretty sure i can just replace the clutch plate and keep the rest stock; just need to reset the pressure plate.

Someone correct me here if im off.....

allset

Go Kart Champion
Wht are the dyno #'s For APR stage2+? plus how much boost do we put out with it?

according to apr its 276 HP with TBE, full intake.

Boost accoding to my gauge is 19-20 psi peak almost double stock of 10-11psi

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
South Bend stage 2 daily or enduance likely. Im pretty sure i can just replace the clutch plate and keep the rest stock; just need to reset the pressure plate.

Someone correct me here if im off.....

Yup you can. Just stage 3 disk from Futrell AutoWerk. Reset the plate. That's all.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk