GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What Alignment Specs are you running on your Golf 2.5

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I know most don't have any fancy alignment specs BUT if you do and want to share, post a PIC here. Include some Details, Mods and your Driving Habits.

To kick this off.
Hotchkis 27mm Front and Rear Swaybars, Koni Yellow Struts and Shocks and Alignment Specs set by Mike.

We're not too concerned how the car look, mostly how it handles, after initial turn-in some mid corner rotation during hard cornering is welcome, so our rear ride height is kept up as opposed to lowering as other tend to do.

Attachments

• Golf-AlignmentSpec.jpg
    Golf-AlignmentSpec.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
H&R 28mm front set to soft, H&R 24mm rear set to stiff, 2.5" front, ~2.7" rear with GTI alignment spec, 225/40R18 as for tire size with Whiteline anti-lift kit

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
H&R 28mm front set to soft, H&R 24mm rear set to stiff, 2.5" front, ~2.7" rear with GTI alignment spec, 225/40R18 as for tire size with Whiteline anti-lift kit
The Street Tuner Class Race Teams in the IMSA Continental Tire Racing Series don't use the Whiteline Anti-lift kits the way they are marketed. Yes they get the power to the ground but it is a result of raising the rear ever so slightly, which creates a slight "reverse" caster effect, so they install these to increase caster to get back to square. This results in the rear drifting during hard cornering, the driver balances with more or earlier throttle input,... putting more power to the ground.

QuitersLOSE14

Ready to race!
I know most don't have any fancy alignment specs BUT if you do and want to share, post a PIC here. Include some Details, Mods and your Driving Habits.

To kick this off.
Hotchkis 27mm Front and Rear Swaybars, Koni Yellow Struts and Shocks and Alignment Specs set by Mike.

We're not too concerned how the car look, mostly how it handles, after initial turn-in some mid corner rotation during hard cornering is welcome, so our rear ride height is kept up as opposed to lowering as other tend to do.

Are you running caster plates at the front? I was told it cannot be fully dialed without. The dealer got me back as close as they could. Once ingetbcaster plates I'll be tweaking that and would also be inclined to make it more tail-happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Are you running caster plates at the front? I was told it cannot be fully dialed without. The dealer got me back as close as they could. Once ingetbcaster plates I'll be tweaking that and would also be inclined to make it more tail-happy!
So far no Caster Plates. I use skinny tires the car is easily pointable at speed with only a few adjustments.

I use the same alignment shop all the time, we try a bunch of different settings and keep a log.

I started this thread to find out what others are doing.

What is your setup?

Last edited:

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
The Street Tuner Class Race Teams in the IMSA Continental Tire Racing Series don't use the Whiteline Anti-lift kits the way they are marketed. Yes they get the power to the ground but it is a result of raising the rear ever so slightly, which creates a slight "reverse" caster effect, so they install these to increase caster to get back to square. This results in the rear drifting during hard cornering, the driver balances with more or earlier throttle input,... putting more power to the ground.

Good to know, thanks for the input :)