GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kenwood Nav Install

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion

///Audience

Ready to race!
Forget bestbuy and support your local audio shop.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
I say your post and I noticed that it was for a sony head unit. Would the same wiring harness and plastic housing work for my kenwood GPS?

Yes because the harness attaches to the car, the bare wires are what attach to the aftermarket headunit/gps. The trim will fit as well.

///Audience

Ready to race!

///Audience

Ready to race!
Nope, that's it. Well, besides the tools and know how

///Audience

Ready to race!
OP if it was me I'd get a factory Nav HU and an OEM integration unit like a JL cleansweep.

I just think an aftermarket HU looks too out of place.

Alpine makes an 8" radio with a VW perfect fit kit that looks better than any OEM VW radio on the market. It says Jetta only, but it will absolutly fit the GTI. Alpine-Europe also sells an adapter that retains Nav and music information in the gauge cluster display!!

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
Alpine makes an 8" radio with a VW perfect fit kit that looks better than any OEM VW radio on the market. It says Jetta only, but it will absolutly fit the GTI. Alpine-Europe also sells an adapter that retains Nav and music information in the gauge cluster display!!

The Alpine perfect kit stuff is nice, especially the Camaro one that adds a digital climate control screen. Very cool.