GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P1335/17743/P0606 Limp Mode EPC - Engine Torque Monitor 2: Control Limit Exceed

Frankenmk6

So it's fully gone - was P1335 the only code you were getting? Do you have the stock WGA?

I have not, but that won't matter if I have a leak. Have you seen people that were getting P1335 because of fuel trims?

Yes mine is long gone. Hasn't happened in many months. I have the WGA that comes with the F23.

Is your STFT close to 1.0 at WOT?

jeez

Ready to race!
Really might just be the tune then. Really weird, crazy. You have better fuel trims than I do, my tune isn't done and I need a maf recalibration.

Might need to tell stratified to rebuild your tune.

Hm...ok. So any leaks would absolutely be visible via fuel trims?

Yes mine is long gone. Hasn't happened in many months. I have the WGA that comes with the F23.

Is your STFT close to 1.0 at WOT?

Anywhere from 0.98 to 1.04.

jeez

Ready to race!
Funny enough looking at the logs now I see that WGDC drops from 98% to 30% then within 100RPM limp mode happens...shouldn't the wastegate work hard to get you to the desired PSI and start lowering once you reach the target or when you are relatively close? Just thinking out loud...that's the only thing I see as being a little odd.

Does anyone else have logs similar to this by any chance?

I have noticed that limp mode happens when WGDC is around 30-40% in general. It never happens when it's at 98%. I'm starting to think it could be the wastegate/tuning combo. I have heard before that the Forge is a pain to tune, but there's people out there with a Forge and Stratified tune working fine, right?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie

jeez

Ready to race!

Unfortunately, it does not explain limp mode, as most WGDC graphs are taken under WOT is my understanding, while my attempt to reproduce it is mostly part throttle. Here's what mine looks like during 2 WOT pulls.

And here's what the cut looks like part throttle (~60%), WGDC% suddenly drops to 20% from 98% and 100 RPM later....limp mode:

It's crazy, I'll forward this to Alex and see what we can do. It's getting tiring though to be honest.

Anyone out there that has the Forge WGA and has not had a problem?

Last edited:

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Can confirm after switching to APR v3.1 my P1335 has yet to return. Car runs 110% smoother now. No more rough starts, limp mode, and poor drivability.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Unfortunately, it does not explain limp mode, as most WGDC graphs are taken under WOT is my understanding, while my attempt to reproduce it is mostly part throttle. Here's what mine looks like during 2 WOT pulls.

And here's what the cut looks like part throttle (~60%), WGDC% suddenly drops to 20% from 98% and 100 RPM later....limp mode:

It's crazy, I'll forward this to Alex and see what we can do. It's getting tiring though to be honest.

Anyone out there that has the Forge WGA and has not had a problem?

I just posted the link as a informative. I can't see your pictures, might be my phone though. These cars are so damn finicky with non-stock hardware, especially boost control. I see why they went speed density with the mk7s.

Only thing I haven't seen mentioned is the n75 valve

Last edited:

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Can confirm after switching to APR v3.1 my P1335 has yet to return. Car runs 110% smoother now. No more rough starts, limp mode, and poor drivability.

I thought you were going with UM for your new tune? Cheaper for apr upgrade?

jeez

Ready to race!
I just posted the link as a informative. I can't see your pictures, might be my phone though. These cars are so damn finicky with non-stock hardware, especially boost control. I see why they went speed density with the mk7s.

Only thing I haven't seen mentioned is the n75 valve

Yeah I know, it is a good link, I was actually reading it 2 hours prior to you posting. I'm posting pics to see if someone's noticing something I'm missing.

I will be checking the N75 via Vagcom tomorrow. Which is funny, because the N75 is the first result that comes up when googling P1335, but for Ford trucks, lol (their EGR valve = our N75), I just firgured that one out.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I thought you were going with UM for your new tune? Cheaper for apr upgrade?

Much cheaper. Since I already have the APR TCU tune I got a very good deal.

Also, working with UM is too much of a headache. I don't doubt Fred's ability, but he's just an extremely difficult individual to work with.

jeez

Ready to race!
If anyone knows, how does the P1335 code happen? Yes it may indicate a leak after the MAF, but in order to detect additional air making it into the engine, you'd need 2 points to have a delta between (2 sensors). One is the MAF. Where is the other one? Throttle Body?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
If anyone knows, how does the P1335 code happen? Yes it may indicate a leak after the MAF, but in order to detect additional air making it into the engine, you'd need 2 points to have a delta between (2 sensors). One is the MAF. Where is the other one? Throttle Body?

The vagcom site also mentions a faulty IAT sensor which is at the throttle body/intake manifold as a cause for the code.

MAP sensor maybe? A leak would effect pressure reading?

I'd start with the IAT sensor.

Those two are the only sensors I'm aware of in the turbo to engine sections.

jeez

Ready to race!
The vagcom site also mentions a faulty IAT sensor which is at the throttle body/intake manifold as a cause for the code.

MAP sensor maybe? A leak would effect pressure reading?

I'd start with the IAT sensor.

Those two are the only sensors I'm aware of in the turbo to engine sections.

Yeah it's weird. I saw those two sensors as well, but they shouldn't have anything to do with the "leak". Unless either of them are faulty, at which point I'm answering my own question and I suppose I'll replace them...starting with the MAP.

EDIT: issue started before I put the MAP on so...I'll replace the IAT sensor. But still, if it were broken, shouldn't it be giving me problems across the rev range and at different loads?

Last edited:

KFahey

Ready to race!
Jeez, any update on this? You said you've checked for leaks at multiple shops. Were they actually putting pressure to your system, or just using a smoke test? I have a leak on my HPA k04 turbo at the v-band clamp assembly, but it only shows up with about 10-15 PSI through the system. Smoke tests only push a couple PSI and it does not show up at least for me. Curious to know if you are leaking at this assembly and this is causing issues.

jeez

Ready to race!
Jeez, any update on this? You said you've checked for leaks at multiple shops. Were they actually putting pressure to your system, or just using a smoke test? I have a leak on my HPA k04 turbo at the v-band clamp assembly, but it only shows up with about 10-15 PSI through the system. Smoke tests only push a couple PSI and it does not show up at least for me. Curious to know if you are leaking at this assembly and this is causing issues.

According to them, they did both. But honestly I have trouble believing anything at this point. It's taken longer cause I'm in the middle of a move. I think I want to take to a different shop.

You sure your v band is leaking? Is HPA replacing it?