GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best exhaust sound for MK6 GTI for daily drive, no drone

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Is the vanguard downpipe and cat back?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I could see this exhaust annoying all the neighbors and get lots of attention from cops. Would be my only concern. Even cruising it seems much louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Highly recommend Borla, even with catless downpipe, there is ZERO drone. And a fantastic tone as well.

Jaber

Modero
Unitronic exhaust has no drone. Sounds very oem when cruising around, but once you get on it, sounds nice and just the right volume.

Whatever you get, don't forget to disconnect the soundaktor.

Roctre

Ready to race!
I could see this exhaust annoying all the neighbors and get lots of attention from cops. Would be my only concern. Even cruising it seems much louder.

Yea thats worse than my borla CB with a catless DP. Atleast mine is somewhat tame while crusing with zero drone but its loud af when WOT. To OP I would get the borla CB its a super nice peice and still looks perfect after winter.

NLeo

Ready to race!
People with catless downpipes and catbacks saying there is no drone are lying. I have a catless downpipe and stock catback and it drones a little bit. I couldnt imagine having an aftermarket catback too. If you dont want drone keep it stock. Its a 4 cylinder turbo its gonna drone especially on the highway.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
People with catless downpipes and catbacks saying there is no drone are lying. I have a catless downpipe and stock catback and it drones a little bit. I couldnt imagine having an aftermarket catback too. If you dont want drone keep it stock. Its a 4 cylinder turbo its gonna drone especially on the highway.

Call me a liar or whatever man, there is ZERO drone on my car.

Roctre

Ready to race!

There is a difference between drone and knowing its there. Sure I can hear my car when i'm over 2k but its not drone its just a slight hum of exhaust that the smallest amount of music makes it not even noticeable.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
There is a difference between drone and knowing its there. Sure I can hear my car when i'm over 2k but its not drone its just a slight hum of exhaust that the smallest amount of music makes it not even noticeable.

If I'm going 60mph and going up a hill on throttle, there's tone, but it's not obnoxious loud. It was with the soundaktor thing plugged in tho.

Roctre

Ready to race!
If I'm going 60mph and going up a hill on throttle, there's tone, but it's not obnoxious loud. It was with the soundaktor thing plugged in tho.

Yep same tone but we have the same setup I just haven't gotten around to unplugging the soundaktor yet.

SJC

Ready to race!

I agree
That is way too Rickey racer, ricey loud for me and mine.

Laimface

Ready to race!
Tbh most catbacks alone sound a bit crap. Best combo I've heard is stock catback with a downpipe. Who wouldn't want another 70hp to play with?