GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P025C After Water Incursion

b-nez

Got rained in. I didn't find the water under and in the rear seat for some time. Engine died while driving, codes P025C and P025A, which are related to the Fuel Pump Controller. I pulled the seat, and indeed found about 1/2" of water in the bottom of the controller recess. I got everything dried off - pulled the connector, and dried/wiped everything down. It drove fine for a day, including a traffic jam for over an hour. Later it died after a cold start and threw the P025C code again. I'm thinking of replacing the controller, but I'd hate to drop $120 on it, and still not have a working car. Anyone have any insight on these two codes? Is there any chance that the fuel pump itself is malfunctioning, or is it definitely the controller? One thing I did not do, is pull the entire plastic cover off to expose the fuel pump, as I wasn't sure at the time what's under there, and I thought it looked fairly water resistant. I'll probably check that out tomorrow to make sure water isn't sitting in the fuel pump connection. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

b-nez

Well, I ordered a new fuel pump controller from Deutsche Auto Parts. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

b-nez

3 drives with the new fuel pump controller, and no CELs or driving/starting issues. So far, so good.

grbeiz

3 drives with the new fuel pump controller, and no CELs or driving/starting issues. So far, so good.
Hi , I have the same code P025A but no water inclusion. Did it turn out only from the controller? or did you have to change the pump? cheers!