GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

19x9 Wheels on a Daily?

DannyT93

Hey guys,

I am currently looking at some 19x9 wheels for my MK6 GTI.
Unfortunately, the wheels I like don't come in anything smaller than 9" width.

I am trying to work out if with some arch rolling/pulling whether they would fit comfortably with no/minimal rub.

I'm currently running ST XTA coilovers with about 1cm of arch gap on the rear and maybe 2cm on the front.

The wheels are available in anything up to ET43, which I am leaning towards getting, as ET35 has too much poke for my liking and I would prefer not to run too much camber.

Anyone have any advice or feedback on 19x9 wheels around the ET43 mark?
Is it possible to get them to tuck under the fender with some guard work?

Thanks in advance! :)

Cheers

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
I ran 18x8 et35. 24” from fender to ground. Needed front fenders rolled and stretched tires to fit.

9” with et43 works out to 5mm more poke than what I had. So you’ll probably either need to add some front camber or raise it.

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I ran 18x8 et35. 24” from fender to ground. Needed front fenders rolled and stretched tires to fit.

9” with et43 works out to 5mm more poke than what I had. So you’ll probably either need to add some front camber or raise it.

9" with et43 may have issues with strut clearance. I'm on 8.5" et45 and it's pretty close

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I had some vmrs 19X8.5 ET45 and they would scrape the tires when I had passengers. I am on a soggy worn out stock suspension however. They were fine for daily and only swapped to give to my son. I got some 17s with more meat on the tires and weigh a bit less that I'm happy with.

HandicappedGTI

Ready to race!
im running 19x9 in the front with no issues i think im running 215 40 19's.... dont quote me on that lol i cant remember rn