GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 07-23-2018, 08:03 AM   #127
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Afr you just making sure you arent lean in pulls. Number should be smaller than 14.7 when wot.
Fuel trims you are looking for ~1.0. It shows if car has to add fuel or subtract fuel from requested. Greater than 1 I believe its trying to add, less than 1 take away fuel. More just shows how your car learns

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:05 PM   #128
cgj_mk666
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2011 GTI 6MT.
Thank you. I appreciate it
Cobb AP. Stratified Tuned. Godspeed FMIC. H&R Sport Springs. Autotech/Sachs struts. ECS Strut mounts. 034 Track Density mounts. S3 control arm bushings. H&R/Eibach sways, EBC rotors. Custom Intake and Turbo-back. Continental ExtremeContact Sports
cgj_mk666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:50 AM   #129
Tony48
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI / K04 / 6MT
Trying to figure out launch control but can't get it to work. I have read the info on the Cobb website (here and here).

Flashed to the most up to date (v106) OTS Stage 2 / stock MAF / 93oct tune and following these steps for 6MT:
  • Depress and hold the clutch pedal to 100%
  • Move the shifter to 1st gear
  • Depress and hold the gas pedal to 100%
  • Once the rev limit has been reached, release the clutch pedal
Rev limiter doesn't kick in and the engine revs to red line. What am I doing wrong? Can't get burnout mode to hold RPM either.

EDIT: Figured it out. I wasn't putting the pedal to WOT quickly enough. You can't ease into the throttle, you have to go WOT before the RPM's get to your launch control limit.

Last edited by Tony48; 12-13-2018 at 06:42 PM.
Tony48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:41 AM   #130
rawag77
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn
Are you guys still experiencing the Accessport randomly detecting the engine is off and rebooting even when the car is running/moving? I know this has to do with the Auto On/Off feature and it was recommended by Cobb to turn that off, but what's the fun in that. Just checking to see if there was ever a fix. As far as I know, I have the latest firmware, but it still happens to me on a daily basis. 3 times on my 30 minute commute home yesterday.
rawag77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:25 PM   #131
theclutch
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Mk6
This happens to me also. But it does start back up. The only thing I "lose" is whatever was the max value on the gauges when it went out - which is no big deal.
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:59 PM   #132
kiyoshi147
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI DSG 4 Door w/Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawag77 View Post
Are you guys still experiencing the Accessport randomly detecting the engine is off and rebooting even when the car is running/moving? I know this has to do with the Auto On/Off feature and it was recommended by Cobb to turn that off, but what's the fun in that. Just checking to see if there was ever a fix. As far as I know, I have the latest firmware, but it still happens to me on a daily basis. 3 times on my 30 minute commute home yesterday.
I had this issue with when the Auto On/Off was enabled. It happened far less often with the Auto On/Off disabled. Sent it back to Cobb, they looked at it and sent me a new one.

Continued to run with Auto On/Off disabled for a while with few reboot issues, and recently switched back to Auto On/Off enabled and haven't noticed a real increase in the frequency of the issue.

I drive at minimum an hour each way to work, so I have gotten a reasonably good sampling time. Never got a firm answer from Cobb as to why it was doing this though. They couldn't find a reason, hence just sending me a new accessport.

In other news, still waiting for the max temp value for Oil (Sump) and Coolant (and probably a few other monitors) to be brought down from the 3000 or whatever value it switched to on a firmware update a while ago. hard to really see the difference on the bar graph between 50 and 220 when the graph scale is from -300 to 3000.
kiyoshi147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:55 PM   #133
speeding_ant
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2011 Golf GTI
Looks like Cobb have updated the AP to support a few more world market Mk6 GTI ECUs. Also, they've said they are still working on a DSG tune for our cars... cross fingers...
speeding_ant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessport, accesstuner, cobb, cobb tuning, tune