GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake upgrade? 17z?

Scotty_GTI

Hey guys, first post here.
I've got a 2011 Mk6 Golf Gti, ferodo ds2500 brake pads and Tyrol sport brake stiffeners. I've taken my car to the track 4 times already, and although I haven't had any brake fade, my front calipers are brown/gray due to the heat.

What could I do to help with the discoloring of the calipers? Would a big brake kit help? I've looked into the 17z caliper upgrade front and rear, would that be good on track?

Thanks in advance guys
Thomas

Sent from my HTC U12+ using Tapatalk

Scotty_GTI

I should add that I could source a 17z kit fairly cheap locally, and I plan to get some 245 summers, and a stage 2 tune in the near future

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I should add that I could source a 17z kit fairly cheap locally, and I plan to get some 245 summers, and a stage 2 tune in the near future

17 or 18z only if you upgrade the master cylinder TTRS upgrade as well. Can get the calipers cheap off car-part.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty_GTI

With the right pad, and upgraded master, would the 17z be good on track? I mainly want to upgrade something so I can keep the red on my calipers longer, so I figure the added heat capacity of a bigger brake would be beneficial

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
With the right pad, and upgraded master, would the 17z be good on track? I mainly want to upgrade something so I can keep the red on my calipers longer, so I figure the added heat capacity of a bigger brake would be beneficial

If you want to keep the red on your calipers keep it a show car.

I haven’t tracked my 18z’s just yet because I need to upgrade the MC and need to buy carbotech pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk