GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Driver Gear/VWR Spring Thread

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
They're probably identical to what's put on at the factory. Sachs is a Tier 1 supplier and they make the OEM shocks for these cars (that's what mine had from the factory, anyway).

Thanks for the response. I figured they would be good quality just wanted the peace of mind. Getting everything lined up for when I can get the coilovers installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I had a set of the ECS mounts, and they squeaked like crazy right out of the box. Skip them and stick with OEM.

LOL...yeah I had PM'd him back before you said that and told him the same exact thing :laugh:

Anyone have used the Sachs OE equivalent strut mounts?

I didn't see ECS Tuning have Sachs listed, but those or the Lemforders would be my two top picks for OE replacement (as either one is the supplier to VW)

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
LOL...yeah I had PM'd him back before you said that and told him the same exact thing :laugh:

I didn't see ECS Tuning have Sachs listed, but those or the Lemforders would be my two top picks for OE replacement (as either one is the supplier to VW)

That’s because they don’t carry that brand. Saw a package deal on FCP Euro that’s around $88 for the Sachs mounts with INR mount bearings and the replaceable mount bolts. Plus lifetime replacement might be a better option in case I would ever have issues with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ce4

Ready to race!
Sorry but using phone and search isn't fun, but a guy in my area has dg springs for 4dr man at great price. I got a 4dr dsg. From what I've gathered/read, his will fit but my front end will be a little lower. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Sorry but using phone and search isn't fun, but a guy in my area has dg springs for 4dr man at great price. I got a 4dr dsg. From what I've gathered/read, his will fit but my front end will be a little lower. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct...most people prefer the look/drop with the manual version of the springs

Reactions: ce4

ce4

Ready to race!
Correct...most people prefer the look/drop with the manual version of the springs
Awesome! Thank you for the confirmation! Now to go find a pic of this setup....

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
4 door manual, Golf 2.5

Attachments

• IMG_20200812_184634.jpg
    IMG_20200812_184634.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 224

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
4 door manual, Golf 2.5

These are DG or VWR Springs?

Random question because I can’t seem to find a definitive answer: do the VWR and DG springs have similar spring rates? I know early on some people thought the VWR springs were softer than the DG, but it seems like the consensus now is that they fairly close. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
These are DG or VWR Springs?

Random question because I can’t seem to find a definitive answer: do the VWR and DG springs have similar spring rates? I know early on some people thought the VWR springs were softer than the DG, but it seems like the consensus now is that they fairly close. Can anyone confirm?
DG springs on oem GTI struts. I only know that DG springs are linear, and VWR springs are progressive. Also, DG sits lower than VWR on the 2.5 golf.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
DG springs on oem GTI struts. I only know that DG springs are linear, and VWR springs are progressive. Also, DG sits lower than VWR on the 2.5 golf.

VWR sport springs are linear, and sit lower than the DG springs. My question was more about the spring rate themselves, compared to OEM and DG.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
VWR sport springs are linear, and sit lower than the DG springs. My question was more about the spring rate themselves, compared to OEM and DG.
Really, I probably got it wrong then. Sorry couldn't answer your specific question man.