GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I hear people say this on forums and I don't understand what the trouble they are going through is. The collar kits couldn't be any more simple, if they fight you, get a pry bar and give the subframe a wiggle and good to go.

When you do FSBs on these cars do you drop the subframe completely or do you just drop it a bit? Can you do the upper puck without completely dropping the subframe?

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
It was probably just me doing stuff wrong but it took me about 8 hours to do mine. Also didn't help it was hot af out and I was laying down on rough pavement.

I'm pretty good at turning quick jobs into long jobs, so I'll let you know whether I'm taking you up on the dynamite once I get about mid job.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
When you do FSBs on these cars do you drop the subframe completely or do you just drop it a bit? Can you do the upper puck without completely dropping the subframe?
Drop the subframe completely. MAYBE it's possible to get the FSB out without dropping the subframe all the way but why? Not worth fighting with the sway bar since the subframe has to get lowered so far anyways.

You need to drop the subframe completely to do the upper puck.

Remember to either disconnect the steering column from the steering rack or support the steering rack (what I did) instead of letting it dangle.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

No I don't drop it completely, it's much easier to just lower it about 3 inches. Gives you plenty of room to get the sway bar over the subframe and remove it.

You do need to drop it completely in order to do the upper puck.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Yea I was able to do mine without dropping it completely. The collars were a quick job for me also when I did them a ways back.

93serprise

Ready to race!
I put my mk6 in my race ramps to do some surgery....Hella horns quit working, and I suspect a crappy wire job from moi ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
Dropped mine off for a carbon cleaning to fix my misfiring issue (fingers crossed). I’ll pick it up today and drop it off at the next shop for all-new suspension.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I put my mk6 in my race ramps to do some surgery....Hella horns quit working, and I suspect a crappy wire job from moi ;)

Man I love your Z. But man get all that stuff off of it. The car is too nice to do that to it.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Man I love your Z. But man get all that stuff off of it. The car is too nice to do that to it.

Lol...i appreciate the comment and promise that that pile of interior pieces barely weighs anything. I have a rubber mat at the bottom too :)

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie

MAAAAAAAAN i was thinking the saame thing.. how you gonna do that:iono:

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I bought a NIP 034 subframe collar upgrade kit (aka deadset kit) for a good price off the vortex. Yeah, more wrenching! ;)

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I bought a NIP 034 subframe collar upgrade kit (aka deadset kit) for a good price off the vortex. Yeah, more wrenching! ;)

Nice! I saw that one for sale for weeks and weeks. Hope you got a good price for it!

pdan

Ready to race!
Finally buttoned up my brake install. Everything seems to be working, still trying to code out my wear sensor. Under 17 instruments I get a different menu then the other videos show, maybe because I’ve got the newest update of VCDS? There doesn’t seem a spot to add +1 to turn off my sensor. Also kinda paranoid that my pads are constantly rubbing. Maybe because it’s just because I haven’t driven the car in a long time, but it rolls pretty freely not sure how to check if they are rubbing when the brake pedal is not depressed.
Also put on my new wheels finally. Please excuse both horribly dirty cars

pdan

Ready to race!
Also installed a full set of 034 mounts, finally rid of my melted ECS tuning insert and sketchy washer stack APR mount.

torga

Autocross Champion
Also installed a full set of 034 mounts, finally rid of my melted ECS tuning insert and sketchy washer stack APR mount.

How's NVH with that solid insert? I've got an ECS insert right now, but was thinking of moving to a BFI insert. Never really considered a solid one.