GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 04-04-2018, 07:57 AM   #15
fbgmoney
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2014 CW GTI DSG
The manifold failed on my 2014 and it seemed that there was a hard stop that wore out over time so that the flappers were too open (or maybe too closed, I forget) at idle.
fbgmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:25 AM   #16
dustbunny227
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: MK6 UG GTI (ricecar)
Had mine go while down in Florida. I already had it replaced about 40k miles ago.. time to take it in again and hope they replace it under warranty again.... Stupid thing..
Instagram
dustbunny227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 PM   #17
Allchokedup
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 ko4
I took mine off the other day as i am tearing my motor down. The only thing i see being a pain is getting to the nut on the support bar on bottom. I dont have a choice but to learn, i love that pos of a car but its sure fun!
Allchokedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:12 PM   #18
blue_mkvi_gti
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 SB MK6 GTI Eurodyne Stage 2
Happened to me this morning. Luckily I'm at 115k! Taking it to the dealer on Tuesday, hopefully won't get any trouble because of tune and aftermarket intake. I'm putting stock intake back on just in case. I was so happy to see p2015 and not have anything related to timing!
Old 08-16-2019, 09:38 AM   #19
tylorr83
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2013 White GTI DSG 4 door
I randomly discovered this fault code stored after an OBD-11 scan but I have no visible CEL. No power loss noted yet.

Cars at 152K miles and figure it's time for a carbon cleaning anyways, it's just odd I got no CEL.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:07 PM   #20
Boscogn
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
It will come up when it detects the runner flap stuck. If u do get carbon cleaning (you should) have them put revised intake manifold in as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2019, 06:24 PM   #21
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 155k+
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylorr83 View Post
I randomly discovered this fault code stored after an OBD-11 scan but I have no visible CEL. No power loss noted yet.

Cars at 152K miles and figure it's time for a carbon cleaning anyways, it's just odd I got no CEL.
Depends on when the code was stored. It may have been done before you got the car? If your manifold is older than 80k expect to change it soon. Latest revision is $150 shipped and appears more durable in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
Get all mods done pre marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:28 AM   #22
tylorr83
Autocross Newbie

I've run scans prior since buying the car and had no stored codes. Only recently started to stumble on low to little load. Ran a scan and that is what was now stored. It's had the manifold replaced at 75k once already by previous owner (dealer serviced). Guess it's just that time.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:52 PM   #23
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 155k+
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylorr83 View Post
Guess it's just that time.
If it's still running alright, just wait until it pops up again. I went a long time before replacing...even had it 'fixed' with a couple zip ties.
But in retrospect the old manifold had literally started falling to pieces internally. The mating surface on the head was visibly worn as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
Get all mods done pre marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:50 AM   #24
tylorr83
Autocross Newbie

Thankfully i've got my truck i can be driving. The CEL is constantly up now even after clearing and it takes a while before it actually fires (just cranks for a few seconds). So better safe than sorry it's parked until I order a timing kit and new intake manifold and tackle the whole thing at once.