GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 08-14-2019, 06:00 PM   #1
frknloud

Drives:
Bunch of low circuit codes!!

Ok so here's the story. I'm new to VWs and I decided to buy a 2011 MK6 GTI off a friend who's had it in storage for considerably cheap. Motor has been swapped from (assumably) a CBFA motor to a CCTA with less than 13k miles on it. K04 has been thrown in with a tune as well. Everything else is stock.

After picking it up and throwing in a new battery, I turn the car on and it gave me a dozen codes, all mentioning low circuit. Assuming there was a short in the wiring harness, I swapped it for a new one and codes are still pending. I'm starting to think it's ECU related.

Does the ECU need to be adapted to the CCTA's sensors? And is that something only a dealer can take care of? I can't think of anything else causing all these circuit codes on a newish block.

List of codes:
P0598
P2432
P0070
P0458
P2009
P0245
P2257
P2088
P0413
P0491

Also, not sure if related... Airbag and TPS lights are on.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
frknloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:50 PM   #2
Jiffyjetta
Autocross Champion

Drives: Mk6 GLI, Mk7 Sportwagen.
With that many circuit codes, you probably have a blown fuse. I've ran into that a few times at work.
Jiffyjetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:51 AM   #3
dazedfive
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: GTI Mk6
A dead battery will throw all kinds of low voltage faults. Did you clear the faults after replacing the battery? If not clear them and see what comes back. CCTA doesn't have secondary air, not sure how to get around that.
dazedfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 05:08 PM   #4
frknloud

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedfive View Post
A dead battery will throw all kinds of low voltage faults. Did you clear the faults after replacing the battery? If not clear them and see what comes back. CCTA doesn't have secondary air, not sure how to get around that.
I actually had about 26 codes initially. These are the ones that stuck around after the clear and harness replacement.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:10 PM   #5
frknloud

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffyjetta View Post
With that many circuit codes, you probably have a blown fuse. I've ran into that a few times at work.
Errrggg will have to check the fuses when I get back to the car again. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 08-17-2019, 01:25 AM   #6
Jiffyjetta
Autocross Champion

Drives: Mk6 GLI, Mk7 Sportwagen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedfive View Post
Im guessing they kept the cbfa ecm and harness with a ccta engine. That would keep air the injection, but the ccta head doesn't have a port for air injection.
The ecus are interchangeable. I currently run a Tiguan ccta ecu in my Gli with a cbfa engine. Works fine with an immobilizer delete.
P2432 P2257 PO413 PO491 are all because the car originally had secondary air injection and the new engine does not and cannot run it.
So if this ends up being an issue, then you may have to swap ecus to match the engine so you can get rid of some codes

Last edited by Jiffyjetta; 08-17-2019 at 01:43 AM.
Jiffyjetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:29 PM   #7
frknloud

Drives:
Thank you to everyone that replied!

I am ordering a new ECM for CCTA from Unitronic. Hopefully this solves everything!

Old 08-27-2019, 12:53 PM   #8
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 155k+
Airbag light should be unrelated. It sounds like something is unplugged, maybe forgot during the swap. I would check your grounds as well. Hope the ECU is the fix, subscribed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
Get all mods done pre marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote