GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-17-2015, 04:05 PM   #15
Cryptic1911
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2008.5 GTI TSI
I have a full turbo back cts system on my mk5 tsi, and I hate to write this, but it fit like shit. I had seen people complain about the dp hangers being a bit off, but I wasn't too concerned, since my 42dd downpipe hangers never even fit into the pads, and the dp / catback fit like a glove.

Anyways, the cts system looked amazing, nice metal, great welds, blah blah. I installed it, and the hanger tabs fit decently enough, but it was the rest of the catback setup that fit like shit. The whole system seemed like it was over too far in the trans tunnel, but I couldn't tweak the downpipe end enough to make it fit where I thought it should go. The main issue there, was that there's a piece of pipe that was hitting and rattling horribly on one of the brackets that mounts to the body, and hangs the rubber piece that the exhaust hangers fit into. I ended up having to modify that bracket to make it clear, since I couldn't force the exhaust itself away, without making the tips all crooked. The other part, is there's a section that hangs down to go around the gas tank area, and that hangs way too low, but with the way the pipes are, there's nothing much you can do with it. I had a 42dd system for years, and while it was a heap of shit aluminized system that rusted like hell, and waaay to loud, it fit 10x better than this fancy cts system did. I don't like leaving negative reviews, but this was way too much bullshit involved to make it fit while not interfering and rattling. They need to get a better jig, and rethink their quality control.. which is too bad, because the system sounds awesome. I just don't think I would do it again
2008.5 GTI 2.0 TSI 6MT / APR K04 V3.1, APR IC, CTS 3" turboback, IE cold air intake, R8 coilpacks, PFR7B plugs @.028, GFB DV+, BSH TB pipe, SB Stg2 Endurance clutch, BSH mounts, DG Shortshifter, FFM bracket bushings, Forge big knob, Koni coils, Coolingmist CMGS Meth injection, USRT spacer (DO3 & Snow 100 nozzles), Centric rotors, Stoptech pads, TyrolSport bushings, 19" Miro stp3's
Cryptic1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:09 PM   #16
shdwblugti
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 2016 non DSGhey R
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmenzz View Post
More hanger issues. Sigh...

Modded euros has ignored me quite a lot. So far this is the worst customer service I've had in years.

Don't buy this downpipe. I've had better fitments with eBay exhausts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're having an issue with the fitment of the CTS dp, not modded euros. Was the dp damaged when you received it?
Modded euros isn't the problem in this situation, CTS is at fault.
Give Modded euros a little time, they might be figuring out all the details before they comment
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarcia1925 View Post
The elite and smart ones don't get fucked. Us plebeians do........... Thanks Obama!
shdwblugti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:27 PM   #17
WetMoney
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: "Love the Cars, Hate the Scene"
OP, that Downpipe hanger can be bent, take a pry bar and line up to bushing.

its not that big of a deal. looks like it could have gotten messed up during shipping.

i have the CTS turbo back. mine was a C-Hair off. i bent it straight. and its perfect now.

WetMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:30 PM   #18
WetMoney
Formula 5000 Driver

and Clay at CTS is a good guy.

i had an issue when i first got my Downpipe. it was not CBFA, so he sent a CBFA downpipe over no questions asked. he also left a return label for the CCTA downpipe section on his own dollar.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:35 PM   #19
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Could your downpipe hangers have been bent in shipping? If modded euros is where people are having a bunch of issues with fitment after they receive the DP from them maybe its the shipping/handling of the product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:42 PM   #20
[Old User]
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: a racecar
that's exactly what mine looked like. even after straightening the arms and playing with it 3 times it still hits off the head shield every now and then and leaks like a bat out of hell. should've used exhaust paste tho that's partly on me.

mine was shipped from BDTuning (who were awesome btw, not hating on them).
[Old User] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:53 PM   #21
WetMoney
Formula 5000 Driver

damn i guess i was lucky, order right from CTS during a sale

Old 03-17-2015, 04:53 PM   #22
RGTI13
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 D.E. DSG GTI
Man that is so odd. Weird that it's so different.

I have had nothing but great experiences with CTS. My full CTS TBE fit perfectly, and my intake (the new revision) is awesome! Before big turbo, I was CTS K04 with a CTS relocate. Only item I bought new was the intake and exhaust (from another member, never installed).
RGTI13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:43 PM   #23
Velociraptor Thrust
FIA GT Champion

Drives: MK6 & G35
I didn't have any issues with moddedeuros. Try pm'ing them on here and keep calling. My eBay downpipe fit way better than that.
Velociraptor Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #24
tmenzz
Drag Racing Champion

Drives:
Another email ignored by modded euros. I've had 3 emails ignored by them. I'm emailing cts turbo directly now.

tmenzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:05 PM   #25
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2018 VW AllTrack
Quote:
Another email ignored by modded euros. I've had 3 emails ignored by them. I'm emailing cts turbo directly now.

Should of contacted them first

Best of luck anyways!
Old 03-19-2015, 12:06 PM   #26
Vroomer
Banned

Drives: 2010 GTI (DSG)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwblugti View Post
You're having an issue with the fitment of the CTS dp, not modded euros. Was the dp damaged when you received it?
Modded euros isn't the problem in this situation, CTS is at fault.
Give Modded euros a little time, they might be figuring out all the details before they comment
How so? You cant sell something flawed and then ignore the customer by saying ..we don't make them, we just sell them. They even told him he just installed it incorrectly without any proof.
Vroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:14 PM   #27
toxicfusion
Banned

Drives: 2013 GLI Autobahn
I have CTS down pipe on my car and had no issues whatsoever ever. Figment was fine

I ordered directly from clay@cts
toxicfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:18 PM   #28
WetMoney
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:

damn, that sucks.

they got your money, they dont care anymore it seems.

Yeah, contact CTS. im sure they will help you or atleast answer your emails!