GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

Tank1

Passed Driver's Ed
Ahh ok, i wasn't aware of the counter on the ecu. For some reason I thought Cobb was different than getting an apr tune in that I could flash to stock and remove the access port from the car the dealer wouldn't know I was ever tuned. But if the counter is keeping track and that's how the dealer can tell than that's not going to keep my warranty intact. Hopefully my dealership is mod friendly

Warranty 101 post covers these concerns and let's you know they can always tell and it's not up to the dealer if you get warranty coverage. :D

bigturbonyc

Ready to race!
Weve gotten claims kicked because of tuning which we didnt know about. The mothership always knows.

HetfieldInc

Ready to race!
I just wasnt sure if something like the mechatronic unit went, if they would say it was because of increased horsepower and deny the coverage. I think the dealership is decent when it comes to mods, at least the service writer I work with seems to be. So as soon as my downpipe comes in Ill being going stage 2 either with the new apr files or the accessport.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
So I watched that video and broke down what we've learned from it:

-Accessport has been confirmed.
-On the fly logging and gauges has been confirmed.
-It looks like you do not have to plug it into your laptop first. Complete plug and play (as far as we can infer).
-You can read, and clear CEL's from the Accessport.
-Free future feature updates.

Here's how their "Hardware packages workout" (This is different from stages)
-Stage 1 Package: Tune and Filter
-Stage 1+ Package: Tune and Full intake
-Stage 2 Package: Tune, Full intake, Downpipe, and Cat-back

That's just what I saw from the video.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
"Volkswagen enthusiasts have been limited to inferior tuning solutions for far too long"

Calkulin

Ready to race!
So far I like what I'm seeing, I see a lot more tables than what Eurodyne offers for the TSI ECUs, so if it stays like that for release, this will definitely be the best solution for custom tunes. The timing table they show is from a VW, so anyone who has tuned with Eurodyne will have no problem tuning with Cobb as the table format is the same(Engine Load\RPM). Now they just need to add support for the MED17.5.2 ECU and I'm in :thumbsup:

jm090

Passed Driver's Ed
So far I like what I'm seeing, I see a lot more tables than what Eurodyne offers for the TSI ECUs, so if it stays like that for release, this will definitely be the best solution for custom tunes. The timing table they show is from a VW, so anyone who has tuned with Eurodyne will have no problem tuning with Cobb as the table format is the same(Engine Load\RPM). Now they just need to add support for the MED17.5.2 ECU and I'm in[emoji106]

Is that the access tuner?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Spyder368

Ready to race!
Stoked that Freektune is going to be adding VW to his pro tuning.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
There's a lot I want to nitpick about the video. First, who has a wireless connection that will drop in the middle of a tune?

Second, they said necessary hardparts for their tunes. That makes it a much more expensive proposition it you take what he said at face value.

Sincerely, XGC75

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
There's a lot I want to nitpick about the video. First, who has a wireless connection that will drop in the middle of a tune?

Second, they said necessary hardparts for their tunes. That makes it a much more expensive proposition it you take what he said at face value.

Sincerely, XGC75
I think they are referring to APR for the wireless. On the hard parts, they are talking about their stage 1+ and stage 2 parts (intake and catback).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk