GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$1000 budget.

MMM.PWR

Ready to race!
Let me start off by saying I'm loving my VW. I've had it for almost a week and have about ~130 miles on it.

I blame this forum for making me want to modify my car when it's still on its first tank of gas. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm stuck between 3 mods that are more or less the same price.

-APR stage 1

-LED tails

-Ed's retrofits

Leaning towards APR but my lack of miles is keeping me from making it the final decision. Also, I know I won't get that "new car" feeling since I'm still in the break in period and rarely go over 3500 rpm. So I *won't* really know what a stock GTI would have been like after break in.

scoobasteve11

Ready to race!
Welcome! Personally I would go intake before the tune but completely up to u. Have fun debating mod after mod for the new car (can never just do one) :p

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Intake + Tune should always be the first mod

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
I vote tails. Since your car is so new you should enjoy it stock for a while. That way when you do get it tuned it will feel new again.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I haven't had a tune yet, But I would vote for this first. You should take advantage of APR's Spring Sale. It is an awesome deal.

I personally did a Turbo Back Exhaust system first with a K&N drop in filter. I plan on a Stage 2 Tune along with a CAI and front mounted intercooler next. Then a set of those Awesome LED Tails. I like performance over style.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Intake + Tune should always be the first mod

+1

You should jump on the APR sale now and get Stage 1 and intake. Keep it in stock mode until she's broken in. You can wait another couple of hundred miles and get the feel of what the car can do, stock. After that, switch to either the 91 or 93 octane map when you feel the itch and never look back.

Good luck with your decision and have fun.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
As others voted, get the tune first. Intake is a nice bonus with the tune but not needed.

Tails can wait and if your lucky the 100's of people that bought them in the group buys will surely be selling them off in a few months when people start selling/parting their cars for one reason or another!

Congrats on the new ride and preliminary mod addiction.. it gets worse :p

SRT2GTI

Banned
Tune

jrwamp

Ready to race!
I vote tails. Since your car is so new you should enjoy it stock for a while. That way when you do get it tuned it will feel new again.

+1. Biased because this is the route I've taken. Your car's new so it still feels fast, once that fades, go stage 1. Tails completely change the look of the car imo.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
If you are looking for show go for tails.

If you like driving then do something sensible. Intake is useless without a tune.

I would do tune then short shifter (the OEM is under $100 installed) and you are still well below $1000 and you transformed the car immediately.

Then I would save up for tires.

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
For just a little more than your budget, you could hit the APR sale and get the LED tails, no? That's what I'd do.
Well, maybe more than just a "little" more, but I'm sure you can squeeze it. ;)