GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Golf R Remus Exhaust Review (video)

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
Good Evening Everyone,

I recently had the Remus Sport Exhaust installed (cat back), its mated to my Milltek cat-less downpipe.

Fitment - I have to say the fitment is spot on. It sits out just enough so you can see the signature carbon fiber exhaust tips. The brushed aluminum looks fantastic is a fresh look compared to others black tips or chrome tips.

Sound - It has that air rushed sound to it similar to the APR exhaust but with a nice exhaust note mixed in. I have seen and heard a lot of APR systems and to me they were just way to quiet inside which might be a good thing for some people but when I buy exhaust I want to hear it as well as make power. I don't want a whole lot of drone (even with a cat less and non resonated downpipe the Remus has very very little drone) but I want a system I can hear both inside and outside the car. Not to the point where I can't have a conversation with someone in the car or on the phone but somewhere in the middle and Remus definitely gives you that with a price just under the rest of the competition with a Lifetime Warranty on the entire system.

Enjoy the video and let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzwMoQE3Lwc

JTB488

Sounds good. But have to say, you did an awesome vid, covered all the bases of how it sounds doing this or that. Thanks!

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
i like it, but i'll stick with my exhaust. :) if only akra makes an exhaust for the R that'll be sick!

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
Its cat less, the video will be updated today.

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
seems quieter than the magnaflow or neuspeed in tone.

I haven't heard either of those two brands in person on this particular car, but have heard plenty of magnaflow's in general and typically magnaflows are loud systems with lots of drone so I would not be surprised if the Remus is a little quieter but the Remus exhaust is definitely not considered a quiet exhaust. I think it's the exact definition of a sport exhaust.

Outside the car - I would say its about equal to as far as volume goes to the APR exhaust. Probably slightly louder if I had to pin point it (mainly because my Milltek downpipe doesn't have a center resonator in it like the APR Turbo back exhaust does) However if you were to compare the Remus Cat-back when mated to the stock downpipe it will be much quieter. See below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBYuGHESMc&playnext=1&list=PL23780B4B2CBFB0CE&feature=results_main

Inside the car - Unlike the APR Exhaust, you can actually hear what you paid for. I have drive 3 Golf R APR Turbo back equipped cars and I have the same complaint about all of them, Yes there is zero drone, yes its cool to hear the exhaust rushing through the exhaust at wide open throttle, but I believe each car's exhaust has a true unique pitch/sound/tone if you will and basically with the APR exhaust inside the car with the windows up all you hear is engine noise and zero exhaust sound. Its lifeless and boring inside the car unless your wide open throttle. Windows down or listening outside the car while it drives by, it sounds great but inside the car it sounds just like stuck and that might be what some people are looking for it stock sound with more power then those people need to buy APR. But if you want to actually hear your exhaust and have zero drone and still be able to have a conversation inside the car or via hands free (gotta keep it safe :) and also get a little bit of that "air rush" sound with a side of soul all in one exhaust, the Remus system is the way to go and of course you can't ignore the lifetime warranty.

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
Sounds good. But have to say, you did an awesome vid, covered all the bases of how it sounds doing this or that. Thanks!

Thanks, I wish I was cool enough to do all this but I must admit, all I did was buy the car... The install and video was all Cody, one of our master techs in the shop.

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
i like it, but i'll stick with my exhaust. :) if only akra makes an exhaust for the R that'll be sick!

Trust me, This was my first selection when looking for an exhaust. We are an Akrapovic dealer and have inquired but they don't have any plans at this time to produce one.