GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-21-2018, 08:09 AM   #1793
ksandman
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHerna View Post
All this K04 talk has got me thinking.

Buy mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ksandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:26 AM   #1794
zef
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
Just so you guys know, I ended up going back to the stock intake manifold. Stratified doesn't seem to have proper tuning support for the runner flap delete. Sucks I am pissing away crazy money--wish I knew this ahead of time or I would've gone UM. I was given revised files to try to fix the issue and it made it way worse. Car is fast as hell but can't pass emissions with the rough idle codes.

zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:40 AM   #1795
thatspsychotic
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '11 GTI 4DR DSG, '14 Forester XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zef View Post
Just so you guys know, I ended up going back to the stock intake manifold. Stratified doesn't seem to have proper tuning support for the runner flap delete. Sucks I am pissing away crazy money--wish I knew this ahead of time or I would've gone UM. I was given revised files to try to fix the issue and it made it way worse. Car is fast as hell but can't pass emissions with the rough idle codes.
Notice any butt dyno difference between runner flaps or no runner flaps?
APR Stage 2 v2.4, Carbonio, Cast Downpipe | PTP Turbo Blanket | GFB DV+ | Unibrace UB | Tyrolsport Deadset | BFI Stage 1 Mounts | SuperPro Offset LCA Bushings | Enkei Raijin Gunmetal 18x8 et45 | Michelin PSS 245/35R18
thatspsychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:17 AM   #1796
OhioMK6
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI - 2DR Manual
Quote:
You say Stratified can't tune for the manifold/idle. How many revisions did they try? How did it feel while in the powerband compared to the stock manifold? I may be getting a manifold soon so I'm VERY curious.
Borg Warner K04 | Stratified Protune | SouthBend Stage 2 Daily Clutch | ECS Tuning Intake - SPM Downpipe - Corsa RSC Catback - GFB DV+ - Audi R8 Coils + NGK IX Plugs - Koni Coilovers - 3SDM 0.06 Wheels - Hankook Evo V12 - HAWK HPS 5.0 Pads - ECS Tuning SS Brake Lines - Ziza Golf R Tails - ECS Tuning Street Shield - Eonon GA5153f Android Headunit
OhioMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:33 AM   #1797
smanierre
Rally Car Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
Same, I planned on going stratified and getting the ie manifold for easier dpi meth but that's concerning
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMK6 View Post
You say Stratified can't tune for the manifold/idle. How many revisions did they try? How did it feel while in the powerband compared to the stock manifold? I may be getting a manifold soon so I'm VERY curious.
Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Cobb OTS Stage 2 | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | GFB DV+ | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | 034 SD Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck
smanierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #1798
zef
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatspsychotic View Post
Notice any butt dyno difference between runner flaps or no runner flaps?
Stock manifold goes back in on Monday, I'll update you all then. But the overall drivability is pretty poor below 4k rpms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMK6 View Post
3 revisions, 4 tops. The last revision I thought my engine was going to seize the idle was so bad. Power band is strong above 4-4.5k rpm but drivability is pretty poor below that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanierre View Post
Same, I planned on going stratified and getting the ie manifold for easier dpi meth but that's concerning

He can write out the CEL's associated with the manifold being deleted, but he cannot tune the Alpha N maps that need to be adjusted in order to get the car to idle properly when cold. This causes the rough idle air code as well as the occasional misfire.

zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:57 PM   #1799
franco516
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: gti
Quote:

He can write out the CEL's associated with the manifold being deleted, but he cannot tune the Alpha N maps that need to be adjusted in order to get the car to idle properly when cold. This causes the rough idle air code as well as the occasional misfire.
dude thats soo shitty.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:28 PM   #1800
smanierre
Rally Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by franco516 View Post
dude thats soo shitty.
Well now time to decide between a different tune or drilling the stock manifold for dpi

<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Cobb OTS Stage 2 | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | GFB DV+ | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | 034 SD Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck
Old 06-22-2018, 03:43 PM   #1801
Frankenmk6
Ready to race!

Drives: 2012 GTI
I've seen a couple really clean DPI setups using the stock manifold. I say do that
Frankenmk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:55 PM   #1802
smanierre
Rally Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenmk6 View Post
I've seen a couple really clean DPI setups using the stock manifold. I say do that
Yea I have too, just gotta pull it off myself now lol

Old 06-22-2018, 04:21 PM   #1803
Frankenmk6
Ready to race!

Drives: 2012 GTI
Lmao. I'm sure you can. Good Luck!
Frankenmk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:34 PM   #1804
franco516
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by smanierre View Post
Yea I have too, just gotta pull it off myself now lol

yoo if you do lmk, ill pay you to do mine
Old 06-22-2018, 04:37 PM   #1805
smanierre
Rally Car Champion

Won't be for a few months but I'll let you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by franco516 View Post
yoo if you do lmk, ill pay you to do mine
Old 06-26-2018, 01:34 AM   #1806
davisharr
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 Mk6 GTI
Trying to do my log today for the MAF cal, but I cant for the life of my find any "Accelerator Pedal Position" option in my logging parameters, have scrolled through multiple times now, that parameter doesn't exist in my car for some reason. Have looked for alternatives too like Throttle position and stuff but nothing that sounds right. Perhaps something to do with being a DSG not manual? Anyone else have this, can I still send my logs away without it? Figure I would ask here before contacting Stratified as they are often swamped and I wana get this log done on my day off later in the week!