GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UNIbrace Discussion Thread

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Now that the recent Unibrace group buy has ended, and the vendor thread has been closed, I figured I'd just leave this thread here for general discussion, Unibrace love, and for anybody that has questions regarding the braces, issues, or upcoming installations. Pics of new deliveries and recently mounted braces also welcome :D

:thumbsup:

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Installation on XB wasn't bad but after a few months and track days the nutserts are loosening. One keeps spinning last time I re installed the XB after using the GTi to pick up stuff. I'm hoping I can actually pull it back out later.....

GTItraveler

Ready to race!
Before you attempt to remove the nutsert make sure the threads are clean and attempt to retighten with the nutsert tool. I recommend using a M8 tap first just to be sure that the threads are good, then screwing in the nutsert tool and retighten. Bruce

clownish

just clowning around
When people say the XB install was a bitch, what specifically are they referring to? The process of aligning all the nuts in the frame? Peeling back all the interior components? Fitting it in physically?

GTItraveler

Ready to race!
Clownish: installation of the UNibrace XB is not hard, but you do have to pay attention. It is best to go slow and make sure you read and are familiar with the installation instructions before you start. Bruce

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
dang the group buy is over.. lol. i might pick up my next GTI today. a Unibrace UB is always one of my first mods.

Gauge85

Ready to race!
Still haven't installed the RB from the group buy but currently have XB/UB installed. Both made quite a bit of difference but the biggest bang for my buck was definitely the XB. As far as difficulties with install the worst part for me was drilling holes for the top two nutserts. Have quality drill bits, take your time, and mount up the XB after drilling/inserting the first nutsert to mark the other three hole locations and you should be fine.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Just purchased an RB for $100 used! Was a no brainer for me at that price. I've had the UB for a while now and i love how it adjusted the balance of the car. It feels far less nose heavy. You can tell its really connecting the front and rear of the car together. And the fact that im running that huge BSH rear sway bar with new 034 end links (which are amazing btw) i figured the RB would be a good addition for what i've got going on back there. Excited to get it installed!

Nice review Grambles.

clownish

just clowning around
Clownish: installation of the UNibrace XB is not hard, but you do have to pay attention. It is best to go slow and make sure you read and are familiar with the installation instructions before you start. Bruce

Appreciated. After reading through a coupla install DIYs and the UNIbrace instructions, I guess I should charge my drill.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Bruce, any further development on a RB for Golf .:R?