GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Did you just spray-can it or get it professionally done? Not gonna lie i've considered this for the 2 years Ive had the car now haha.

I had mine done recently too. Cost me about 100 bucks. He sprayed it gloss first but said he didn't like how it came out so he sprayed it satin with about 30% gloss. I didn't get to see what it looked like with gloss, but the satin came out looking soo much better than the faded plastic look I had going.

That part comes off super easy too. It's 4 screws on the bottom side and then you just pull it off.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I discovered these 'add a circuit' things. My mind has been blown.

yeah my ValentineOne is hardwired to fusebox with one of these. 10/10 would recommend

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
yeah my ValentineOne is hardwired to fusebox with one of these. 10/10 would recommend

I've had mine hardwired, but it's so ghetto lol

Last week I sent in my 11 year old V1 and yesterday I received my brand new unit, so I'm redoing all my wiring for it. Right now I've basically just got the wire shoved into the back side of the fuse box. It's worked fine for over 5 years now, but I've got an add a circuit I'm gonna use now.

I've also been considering a dashcam, but I didn't know how I wanted to hardwire it...Now I can just tap into the same add a circuit.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I've had mine hardwired, but it's so ghetto lol

Last week I sent in my 11 year old V1 and yesterday I received my brand new unit, so I'm redoing all my wiring for it. Right now I've basically just got the wire shoved into the back side of the fuse box. It's worked fine for over 5 years now, but I've got an add a circuit I'm gonna use now.

I've also been considering a dashcam, but I didn't know how I wanted to hardwire it...Now I can just tap into the same add a circuit.

i'll have to take pics of my setup - pretty cleaned up if i do say so

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Did you just spray-can it or get it professionally done? Not gonna lie i've considered this for the 2 years Ive had the car now haha.

Just regular gloss black spray paint. Did 3 coats of primer, then sanded with 600 grit, then 3 coats of black. For just the valance you can get away with 1 can of each, since I did the diffuser too it took 2 cans of black. Also I got gloss clear coat as well but it actually dulled the finish compared to just the black.

Primer

Black Paint

It's hard to see what it really looks like in the picture but it is 100x better than before.

SJC

Ready to race!
Final parts of my stereo install were completed.
KENWOOD DDX6905S CarPlay head unit c/w backup camera.
Focal mk6 integration speakers, JL Audio sub driven by Alpine amplification .
Amazing amazingly awesome power and sound quality !

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Final parts of my stereo install were completed.
KENWOOD DDX6905S CarPlay head unit c/w backup camera.
Focal mk6 integration speakers, JL Audio sub driven by Alpine amplification .
Amazing amazingly awesome power and sound quality !

What backup camera? Is it the one integrated into the emblem or one above the license plate?

Rubba

They look horrible, just looks like they're really dirty.
Lol, i don't know bout that but everyone who saw them in person liked it. I personally like the pre-tinted tail lights but i'm saving for body kit.

I personally suggest you 'glossify' them or remove and add a light layer of tinting film. Costs less than plastidip and yields much cleaner looking results..

I will look for a clear coat But i was in the market and couldn't find a good tint film. They're very light or very dark. :iono:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
cigarette lighter. mine's on the bottom row. or maybe it was the one next to that?

Thanks, it was 1 row up and the third slot to the right. That add a circuit thing is awesome. I love that set up so much better than what I had before...Now to see what kind of a difference an 11 year old valentine makes. Mine didn't have the different modes to pick from, so I'm gonna start with advanced logic and see how that works.

If I get a dashcam I know exactly how I'm gonna hardwire it now lol

Phur

Autocross Champion
Well my son is out of the house. My wife was concerned that we would have to make two trips for all of his stuff...

Nope. I told her I could make it in one trip. Have I mentioned how much I love this car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Thanks, it was 1 row up and the third slot to the right. That add a circuit thing is awesome. I love that set up so much better than what I had before...Now to see what kind of a difference an 11 year old valentine makes. Mine didn't have the different modes to pick from, so I'm gonna start with advanced logic and see how that works.

If I get a dashcam I know exactly how I'm gonna hardwire it now lol

mines an older one too (thinner than new ones) and i love how it doesnt chirp every time a subaru or chevy in nearby. the one i have in my jeep, however.... i had to do some programming to not make it so sensitive but sensitive enough to know an actual radar.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Well my son is out of the house. My wife was concerned that we would have to make two trips for all of his stuff...

Nope. I told her I could make it in one trip. Have I mentioned how much I love this car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see a 30 of beer in there yet. still room.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
mines an older one too (thinner than new ones) and i love how it doesnt chirp every time a subaru or chevy in nearby. the one i have in my jeep, however.... i had to do some programming to not make it so sensitive but sensitive enough to know an actual radar.

It took me a bit to realize what was going on at first lol

Just driving around and for 10 minutes you've got 6-8 radars going off from something in front of you. Eventually I realized it was all the damn sensors they're putting in the cars now, and I feel like the radar has been kinda useless since then. That's been 2-3 years now. I end up hearing it all the time and just turn it off. The fuse went out a couple weeks ago and I didn't even bother to get it working again, just pulled it out and shipped it in for a new one. I was thinking about doing that for a while now and that just pushed me into doing it.