GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any mod friendly VW dealers?

Flipper

Passed Driver's Ed
Ill be stationed in k-bay this January just curious to see what all is out there before i get anything done here in cali

kak

Go Kart Newbie
I haven't had any experience yet. I just put on my TBE and haven't been in since to see what they think. The two main dealers saw Tony VW and Honolulu VW (I may be corrected). I'll be in at Tony soon for questions regarding third gear (heavy throw) and I'll let ya know what they say.

Hope you're not dropped that much. Couple of friends have failed safety checks due to their setups. Maybe someone here can you point you in the right direction for that if that's the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flipper

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the headsup! I was planning on doing a drop first but guess ill hold off.

kak

Go Kart Newbie
The funny thing is.. The inspectors I've spoken to all seem to have different opinions on the bounce test. I'm currently stock but the last guy I spoke to didn't seem like he cares as long as you weren't slammed. I'm not sure about places on your side of the island, but I'm sure someone here has some insight for you. If all else fails, it's not like the island is that big anyways.

Josh@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Flipper!

We're currently working with Donn Mihara of Honolulu Volkswagen to represent Steve Petty Motorsports! :thumbsup:

kak

Go Kart Newbie
Flipper!

We're currently working with Donn Mihara of Honolulu Volkswagen to represent Steve Petty Motorsports! :thumbsup:

This is fantastic news. I didn't get to the shop when I was in because my mother basically ran the wheels off of my old car and didn't trust it to make it cross state. Now I maybe don't have to worry!

Flipper

Passed Driver's Ed
So wheres all the ecu tuners? Need to get my intake dp tune checked off on the todolist.

kak

Go Kart Newbie
So wheres all the ecu tuners? Need to get my intake dp tune checked off on the todolist.

TaiVW can ship your ECU off to REVO, not sure what the turn around is there. Wrenchwerks in Honolulu does GIAC supposedly, pretty sure its on-site. The guys that did APR went under and there isn't a local dealer for it anymore. Options are limited.

Flipper

Passed Driver's Ed
TaiVW can ship your ECU off to REVO, not sure what the turn around is there. Wrenchwerks in Honolulu does GIAC supposedly, pretty sure its on-site. The guys that did APR went under and there isn't a local dealer for it anymore. Options are limited.

Hmm I see, any harm done with running a dp without a tune?

808bahn

Ready to race!
No harm. You will just get a CEL due to higher flowing cats or no cats. Need spacers to defeat the CEL if running aftermarket DP.

Hmm I see, any harm done with running a dp without a tune?

Flipper

Passed Driver's Ed
No harm. You will just get a CEL due to higher flowing cats or no cats. Need spacers to defeat the CEL if running aftermarket DP.

Supposedly the cel goes away after a tune? Since it just adjusts. Anyways the springs and DP are in. Sounds great!

808bahn

Ready to race!
Goes away after a Stage 2 tune. It bypasses the 02 sensor reading, so no CEL.

Supposedly the cel goes away after a tune? Since it just adjusts. Anyways the springs and DP are in. Sounds great!