GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Broken vertical headlight adjuster

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
The driver side HID headlight won't adjust up and down the adjuster just spins and spins. I can only assume the previous owner over adjusted and it went pop. Now the driver headlight points as far down as possible.

Is there a fix or am I looking at a new headlight assembly?

2011 GTI Autobahn HID

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
You’ll have to remove the headlight and take a look inside the bulb cover, if luck is on your side the adjuster may have just come away from its fixings internally, I’ve not looked inside a mk6 HID light for a while but there is a sort of extension cable on one of the adjusters that may have popped out! Even if it’s beyond repair you may be able to get it back somewhere close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Just a thought but is the AFS module under that headlight faulty? The reason I ask is that if the module is playing up they normally do point at the ground by way of the internal AFS motors moving them to a default “safe” position that doesn’t glare oncoming traffic, get the car scanned and see if it is throwing a code, does the AFS turning function work even though it’s pointing down?

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Just a thought but is the AFS module under that headlight faulty? The reason I ask is that if the module is playing up they normally do point at the ground by way of the internal AFS motors moving them to a default “safe” position that doesn’t glare oncoming traffic, get the car scanned and see if it is throwing a code, does the AFS turning function work even though it’s pointing down?

Yes all that works and there are no codes. The adjuster is just not attached inside.