GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo upgraded

sprytdi

Ready to race!
there are, but they arent cheap (bosch motorsport)

I don't think I even want to know how much a set that handles E-85 would go for. :yikes:

You guys should see what a set of duramax injectors go for:D

Then call a company like Exergy performance and have them flow enhance them for diesel motorsports applications. For a set of 8 new +60% performance injectors for my dmax was $6800.00 but that was no cores, just straight purchase, of course, those injectors work @ 28,000psi and fire 4 times per combustion event, and are capable of supplying enough fuel for 900whp, but it's still damn expensive:cry:

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
If 380 is possible on 93 pump, then 400 shouldn't be a problem with ethanol. Though I don't know if there is enough fueling capacity to run straight E-85.

Anyone know what the max airflow (lbs/min) is on the KO3 and KO4?

You're right, not enough fueling capacity to run straight E-85. You'll have to upgrade injectors. Possibly more.

ali10006

Passed Driver's Ed
HGP has an turbo assembly which replace the one in the K04 and can get around 400-410hp, but it is too expensive it is around €4000. So it get better to replace the turbo and go for Garrett.

Few other companies mentions that they replace the turbo assembly with Garrett turbo assembly 5mm bigger from the one on K04, but am not sure about the part number.

So anyone can help us to get the pary number of the Turbo assembly of Garrett that can be fixed on K04?

Lucas_R

Passed Driver's Ed
Remove the k04 and sell it. Get a Garrett GTX2867 or similar and bolt that on with a new exhaust manifold. You will have 250kw/335hp at the wheels then which is about 400hp at the engine.

A few guys in Australia are using this setup right now. No need to change injectors either.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
HGP has an turbo assembly which replace the one in the K04 and can get around 400-410hp, but it is too expensive it is around €4000. So it get better to replace the turbo and go for Garrett.

Few other companies mentions that they replace the turbo assembly with Garrett turbo assembly 5mm bigger from the one on K04, but am not sure about the part number.

So anyone can help us to get the pary number of the Turbo assembly of Garrett that can be fixed on K04?

It's called LOBA LO400 http://www.loba-motorsport.com/shop...o400-2.0-tfsi-upgrade-sport-turbocharger?c=76

brandongolfr

Remove the k04 and sell it. Get a Garrett GTX2867 or similar and bolt that on with a new exhaust manifold. You will have 250kw/335hp at the wheels then which is about 400hp at the engine.

A few guys in Australia are using this setup right now. No need to change injectors either.

I found where I can buy the Garrett but where can I get a new exhaust manifold?

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
I have the Loba L0400 on my R. Very decent turbo without too much outlay.

Off to the dyno this weekend.