GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My brother is getting a prius. Need help!

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I just wanted to ask for your help in persuading my brother not to get a prius. I want to love and respect my brother but I'm afraid my bias and hatred for prius drivers and the cars themselves will severely limit and put undue hardship our relationship. If you needed a commuter car and had 10k to spend what would you recommend over a prius?

Edit/Update: He kept his Xterra so he could haul his prowler camping trailer and is no longer looking for a Prius! Whew!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
OP is clearly a racist.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I have clearly stated I have issues. Still lets think of a better cars

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
I dont see any problems with prius...I mean if he is not a car guy then clearly he is not going to love other cars.

I would say try to get the last gen(3rd gen) as they look better and newer so the battery is still fairly new.

SirClimax

Ready to race!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Show him that from an environmental standpoint prius' create nearly the same amount of co2 that a regular car does. Also, its economy isnt really THAT great especially for being such a pussified, featureless car. Something like a crz ^ or hell even a diesel vw does great and feels so much better to be in and drive.

People who spend xx on a prius are doing so just to say to the world 'hey look at me im willing to sacrifice everything thats goof about cars and suffer driving this shitbox to feel good about saving slightly less co2 than a regular car'.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
for 10k he could probably just buy a new brother that actually respects him.

riceburner

Autocross Champion

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
how bout a 2012 gti dsg with APR Stg 2(v2.4), APR Intake, UR Catless Downpipe, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone Mount and 034 Subframe Collars

its the perfect car for a brother with 10 grand