GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom EVOMS intake install (with added insulation)

FasDarken

Ready to race!
In truth, I'm not 100% against this. I like the thought process you went through to get to this point. Function over form, I can respect that.

Ditto. As for the aesthetics of it you could always sticker bomb it...where's that pinoycuh kid at?

PyroBob

I'm in.
Hmmm...while not a mod I would do, I think if you painted it black, people would hardly give it enough of a second glance to be able to complain about the aesthetics...or tell them it's a new age carbon fiber/uranium weave that's still in prototype phase. Either way I don't care what my bay looks like either. It usually just looks filthy.

Maybe I skimmed over it, but is it also sealed underneath, or only on top? It seems like having such a flexible material to use as an airbox could be useful for channeling the air from any source you wanted. As long as your custom air container is a large enough size...there should be enough of a volume of stagnant air in there to supply the sudden vacuum when you slam the throttle.

P

plac

i hesitate to even admit that i had a Weapon-R intake in 1998, but it had a cool covered design, for a direct 3" pipe duct into it. Neat idea.