GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch and LSD advice needed

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Hopefully tomorrow i'm going to be ordering my clutch and LSD for my car. For the LSD, does the peloquin come with everything needed to install? I'm going to have a shop do it and I don't want them to get to installing the LSD and tell me i'm missing parts for it. For the clutch, I was looking at the BFI stage 4 kit since it's significantly cheaper than any of the other options. Anyone have any infor on the reliability of this kit? Any information would be appreciated so I can get this done quickly and start buying the go fast parts.

edit: Also anyone have any knowledge on whether or not shift forks need to be replaced?

Last edited:

lleron

Ready to race!
Hopefully tomorrow i'm going to be ordering my clutch and LSD for my car. For the LSD, does the peloquin come with everything needed to install? I'm going to have a shop do it and I don't want them to get to installing the LSD and tell me i'm missing parts for it. For the clutch, I was looking at the BFI stage 4 kit since it's significantly cheaper than any of the other options. Anyone have any infor on the reliability of this kit? Any information would be appreciated so I can get this done quickly and start buying the go fast parts.

edit: Also anyone have any knowledge on whether or not shift forks need to be replaced?

I had the peloquin installed, it comes with bolts, bearings, and the lsd. The only thing that your installer may possibly need is shims, but mine said he's installed quite a few LSDs and never needed to change the shims. I didn't touch my shift forks. I've noticed my shifting becoming a little notchier since the install but that could be due to quite a few things including shifter adjustment, fluid change, or something with the LSD install.

I have no feedback on the clutch as I just went with the TT pressure plate setup.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I had the peloquin installed, it comes with bolts, bearings, and the lsd. The only thing that your installer may possibly need is shims, but mine said he's installed quite a few LSDs and never needed to change the shims. I didn't touch my shift forks. I've noticed my shifting becoming a little notchier since the install but that could be due to quite a few things including shifter adjustment, fluid change, or something with the LSD install.

I have no feedback on the clutch as I just went with the TT pressure plate setup.

Thank you, i'll ask the shops about the shims when I call around for price estimates.

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!

They dont need to be replaced. But if you plan on driving the car aggresive, do it. I replaced mine only bc i was in there already. Also have you looked at the DIY RSR Clutch kit. I have it and thing is pretty solid so far. No slips and i have taken my car to the track multiple times last year.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
They dont need to be replaced. But if you plan on driving the car aggresive, do it. I replaced mine only bc i was in there already. Also have you looked at the DIY RSR Clutch kit. I have it and thing is pretty solid so far. No slips and i have taken my car to the track multiple times last year.

What can the RSR hold up to? I'm planning on going GTX2976 + WMI and possibly E85 if thats possible so I want to make sure I have a clutch up to the task, also for the same reason I might as well replace the shift forks since they aren't that expensive.

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!
What can the RSR hold up to? I'm planning on going GTX2976 + WMI and possibly E85 if thats possible so I want to make sure I have a clutch up to the task, also for the same reason I might as well replace the shift forks since they aren't that expensive.

A lot of the big turbo guys run the RSR set up and it holds great for them. You should search the forum and you will see.