GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I mean I could but I'm not coming out to Virginia lol

Jay, I've been putting this piece of work off for like 6 months! Finally decided to just take some PTO to have some solid time to finally, and I mean finally, do it. Haha. Been working like 70 hour weeks for about a year straight, time to take a break!

I'm going to end up having to take some pto to finish mine as well. GF is not working right now though so PTO days would be eaten up for non car related stuff making it more difficult.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
One door skin wrapped... Way involved cutting off all the plastic welds then finding ways to get it all to go back together.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I've been looking at doing this for a long time now. I bought alcantara bits from redlinegoods and they've been sitting for months. I saw the plastic welds and I was like "shit..."

I'll be very interested to see how you end up securing everything back together.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Basically a mixture of trying to reuse the long flat tab things, small self tap screws and the few actual existing screws. It seems pretty strong and the panel is against the door card anyway so I'm not too worried that it's going anywhere.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Panels clips must be your worst nightmare... you must have a pretty good interior removal tool setup?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Fluidampr in, about to start logging meth+E30!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
And

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Well, our logging was a little problematic yesterday and couldn't fully extrapolate the data. Also there was no room anywhere to get solid pulls in.

But the fluidampr feels nice! Butt Dyno tells me just a little more power was gained mid-top

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I think I'm by and large done with the interior. It was a long haul, lots of work, decent amount of money but I got it pretty much just how I enviisioned. All I gotta do is install the eanon radio.

In summary, here is what occured:

Boost gauge & vent
Redlinegoods alacantara shift boot, e-brake handle, armrest w/ red stitching
Jetta GLI E-brake boot retrofit
Mojo mats
Black leather rear seat, restitched with red thread
Braum racing front seats & brackets
Sound deadening
LED lighting
Alacantara wrapped lower dash & door panel inserts
carbon fiber dash trim
MK7-Replica ambient elumi-wire trim
Wrapped gear surround trim
BFI DSG knobupgrade
'Manual' shift boot swap
Wrapped steering wheel
APR steering wheel badge
Anodized red shift paddles & ignition key insert
Red SKODA trunk nets
Porsche grab handle straps where applicable
Eanon head unit
Some carbon fiber fabric trim pieces

riceburner

Autocross Champion
57480 miles

riceburner

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Shout-out to the cheap/easy mods! Got some light tint film to clean things up a little bit
Before/after shots

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Tried out a leather wheel wrap. Like this setup better. Love how alacantara looks but didn't like the look of fake alacantara or the feel. The stripe was too much as well