GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm questioning my sanity LOL

Mk6Chick1

Ready to race!
Is it bad that I told my fiancé that instead of having a big lavish wedding reception that is only fun for 5 or so hours, that I'd rather have a smaller ceremony, save the money and do some work to my GTI? I'm getting sick of being stock LOL

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1bae1u

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
Actually that makes sense...
spending a lot of money on a huge wedding reception is pretty much a waste of money. I don't know about spending it on a GTI but I am sure there are
other things it could be better used for such as a down payment on a house, etc.

Mk6Chick1

Ready to race!
I'm not saying I'm going to spend the entire 20k on the gti, that would be absurd. Just enough to make her "all grown up" LOL

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?enh2cy

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I never understood the need to spend an exorbitant amount of money on a wedding/reception. Of course, I'm 38 and single :cry:

If you and the fiance have an understanding and agreement, all is good!

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
We did a super small wedding. Immediate family only, small service, no groomsmen or bridesmaids. It cost less than $1k including my suit and her dress. When summer came around, we threw a huge party in the local park pavilion. We provided food and refreshments, and that whole thing was less than $500. So, it doesn't have to be expensive to be wonderful and memorable.

dinkdinker

Ready to race!
Actually that makes sense...
spending a lot of money on a huge wedding reception is pretty much a waste of money. I don't know about spending it on a GTI but I am sure there are
other things it could be better used for such as a down payment on a house, etc.

That's one thing I never understood about a lot of weddings. Spend a ton of money on the ceremony, reception and honeymoon and have what for family life afterwards?

Not to mention my thoughts on marriage anyway. All of my cousins are male (12 total boys including myself and my brother). I think we've all been divorced at least once, some twice. There's really no need to legally bind yourself to someone in my book.

As far as Mk6Chick tuning her car instead of spending it all on the wedding ceremony? I'm completely for that. Makes a LOT more sense to me. The wedding ceremony is 30 minutes at most. Your car is going to last you years.

Mk6Chick1

Ready to race!
We did a super small wedding. Immediate family only, small service, no groomsmen or bridesmaids. It cost less than $1k including my suit and her dress. When summer came around, we threw a huge party in the local park pavilion. We provided food and refreshments, and that whole thing was less than $500. So, it doesn't have to be expensive to be wonderful and memorable.

This is probably going to be the route we will take....makes so much more sense and I won't have the extra stress of worrying about seating charts, favors, flowers etc.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?s1tdef

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I always floated the idea to my wife about eloping and going somewhere nice and having a wonderful time without having to spend an ass load amounts of money. We were totally set on it until she really got bent out of shape that her father would walk her down the aisle and give her away. I totally understood.

We eventually just had the whole shin dig, but didnt spend hardly anything on the entire thing. We had people do us "favors" instead of giving us gifts for our wedding, since we already owned everything we needed.

Its all about what the you as the bride want it to be. But you cant argue with a $50 cupcake tower that fed 250 people. Or a 150 Seat church cramming in about 280 people.

Wedding Pics (225).jpg

Wedding Pics (140).jpg

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
if he wont marry you, I will. you rule, party on, and be excellent to one another....

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
I never understood the need to spend an exorbitant amount of money on a wedding/reception. Of course, I'm 38 and single :cry:

Ha 32, and broke off 1 engagement with no plans of getting married to current GF of 3.5 years unless she agrees to eloping or tiny wedding and that is only after gays are guaranteed the right to marry in every state on a federal level!

Previous engagement was called off for a few reasons but one of the big ones for me was the amount of money being wasted on a wedding, it was getting close to 60K and that didn't include the 10K or so my parents were budgeting for the honeymoon. If you factor in travel for guests and gifts that's 100K PLUS!!!! F'N ABSURD!

I was against all of it and it wasn't even going to cost me a dime it was simply the principal of the amount of money being spent on one day.

I say buy each other a gift that will mean something, if yours is car parts so be it, put the rest towards a house or something especailly now houses are so damn cheap.

dinkdinker

Ready to race!
Ha 32, and broke off 1 engagement with no plans of getting married to current GF of 3.5 years unless she agrees to eloping or tiny wedding and that is only after gays are guaranteed the right to marry in every state on a federal level!

Previous engagement was called off for a few reasons but one of the big ones for me was the amount of money being wasted on a wedding, it was getting close to 60K and that didn't include the 10K or so my parents were budgeting for the honeymoon. If you factor in travel for guests and gifts that's 100K PLUS!!!! F'N ABSURD!

I was against all of it and it wasn't even going to cost me a dime it was simply the principal of the amount of money being spent on one day.

I say buy each other a gift that will mean something, if yours is car parts so be it, put the rest towards a house or something especailly now houses are so damn cheap.

$100K wedding? That's crazy. Women sure do know how to burn through money. JK

I agree with your last paragraph. Sounds like the best idea.

gtipwnz

Ready to race!
Dude, the trick is to not say you're spending it on the GTI. "Honey, I'd like to have a smaller, more intimate wedding with close friends and family" sounds much better than "honey, I think we should cut down on the wedding so I can spend money on my fancy car." Gotta phrase that shit bro.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Dude, the trick is to not say you're spending it on the GTI. "Honey, I'd like to have a smaller, more intimate wedding with close friends and family" sounds much better than "honey, I think we should cut down on the wedding so I can spend money on my fancy car." Gotta phrase that shit bro.

She's not a dude, bro. :lol: