GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'10 golf 2.5 vs impreza 2.5gt

jaja123

Ready to race!
not really a straight up race but I see this impreza with a hood scoop come up from behind me. It looked bone stock though. I put the throttle down a bit and he goes behind me. Then when traffic opened up he changes lanes around and he accelerates. I then go full throttle and it seems like he did the same thing. I actually pulled around 2 cars on him. He tries to pass me again and I do the same thing and he is still behind me. And THEN a 3rd time he whips it and you can guess what I did. After that he is reluctant to pass me. I though it was a wrx initially from the hoodscoop but i looked it up and its an impreza gt. I looked at the specs and it has 224hp AUTO 4 speed only and is full of features. These things are doing around 175 awhp and I loled. 0-60 in 7 sec and quarter mile 14.8 @ 89mph. From a roll it makes sense now after seeing those specs. A stock golf 2.5 can trap 89mph in manual form. I managed to make my car to 0-60 in 6.9. My car made 163whp with intake, exhaust(does not include the high flow cat that I recently added which I had on) on a dyno dynamics and weighs a few hundred less than the impreza.

Last edited:

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
your high flow cat probably gave you a 1/2WHP.

Hopefully you didnt pay too much for it.

jaja123

Ready to race!
your high flow cat probably gave you a 1/2WHP.

Hopefully you didnt pay too much for it.

its a bit more than 1/2whp. Have not dynoed with it. Probably will once I get a tune. It is also increased diameter than the stock one. This thing flows really well compared to the stock one. The high flow cat is almost no resistance. I forced some air and the high flow catted pipe had near same velocity coming out the other side while the stock one did slow it down. I just want a little more power. At this point I could care less about having a fast car. That will be in the future. Turbo my 2.5??? hehe. 250whp with just 9psi. As for now its adequate.

Last edited: