GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Car Thefts

zrickety

The Fixer
"Many people don't realize it, Bates said, but the thieves don't need the fob in the car to drive it away."
This seems like a stupid feature. If the fob is gone, the car shouldn't drive. I understand the dead battery scenario, but most of these will work if you hold the key near the start. The car should need the signal, period. Or use the emergency key that most have in the fob. I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed by automakers.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Call me old- fashioned, but I have NEVER liked the idea of those ''keyless'' fobs. They constantly transmit their signals and apparently its easy to pirate those. Everybody loves high tech though, and the newest and 'best-est', but I'll take a regular key anyday over one of those. I expect someday they'll narrow down the stolen vehicle possibilities but right now it's ridiculously easy to steal cars with those.

Garage door openers are a close second, too; there was someone driving around our neighborhood with some kind of transmitter, seeing what doors he could open. He did succeed, one house opened and he ransacked the garage.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Can confirm the car just chimes but will run without key. Always thought that was strange. How do you lose the key while driving?
Throw it out the window?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk