GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New MK6 GTI Owner, Wondering what to do with my car

torga

Autocross Champion
Intake manifolds are ~$130 and will cost you a few hours and some beers with your buddies in a garage to replace yourself.
Or free since it was under warranty.

torga

Autocross Champion
Oh, I think you may have misunderstood. I only detuned for its trip to the dealer. I've been back on my tune almost as soon as they replaced the manifold.
No way I'm putting around stock until it's out of warranty.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Oh, I think you may have misunderstood. I only detuned for its trip to the dealer. I've been back on my tune almost as soon as they replaced the manifold.
No way I'm putting around stock until it's out of warranty.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie

:thumbup:

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
I've had my car for a little over a month and I've done a lot of cosemetic/quality of life mods.

Black Decals (if thats your style)
LED interior lights (be careful of cheap ebay kits because often dont provide right # of lights, but most interior lights are fairly universal.)
Euro Light Switch (can enable auto on/off)
Seat Height latch inserts
Door Sill Protectors with GTI logos
RCD 330g Radio upgrade (carplay is great if iphone user)
Black coolant and wiper fluid caps
Euro Cup holder with cover
Rear View Camera install (dependent on stereo and may need coding)
Boost gauge (if thats your thing)
Rear central console cup holder (fills the empty compartment)
OBDEleven over Vag-com imo to program mods

Bigger price items:
New Tires
Updated intake manifold
Carbon Cleaning
Intake (I went with p-flo for CARB-exempt status)
Go Fast Bits DV+ (improves throttle response imo)
LED tails

jay_97

If you wanted the exhaust to sound a little more aggressive. A cheaper alternative than a full exhaust, you could delete your resonator and have a straight pipe.
Warning as it will drone on highways though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torga

Autocross Champion
If you wanted the exhaust to sound a little more aggressive. A cheaper alternative than a full exhaust, you could delete your resonator and have a straight pipe.
Warning as it will drone on highways though

Can confirm. Bit more aggressive, drone city on the highway. Can't wait to buy a full exhaust in January.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
So I got to installing those blue footwell LEDs today. Looks awesome. These are at 100% brightness. I want to say the color scheme almost reminds me of the look of the MK4s and 5s indigo cluster...

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
So I got to installing those blue footwell LEDs today. Looks awesome. These are at 100% brightness. I want to say the color scheme almost reminds me of the look of the MK4s and 5s indigo cluster...

Glad you're satisfied! I knew you would be ;)

Man I do miss those indigo gauges. My wife's old New Beetle had them and our Mk5 Jetta had them. It was just so distinctive, I almost wish I could retrofit my Mk6 to look like that.

shrek655

Summer tires if at all possible. All seasons suck.. I can't wait to get a dedicated set of winter and summer tires.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’ve been running a new set of Michelin Crossclimates and so far they are great in the dry and amazing in the wet. They demolish standing water at high speed like it’s not there. Can’t wait to try them in the snow. They are designated as all season I think.