GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Timing Chain Lawsuit

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

Just wanted to give everyone some information on the Canadian class action for the time timing chain failures. I am one of the claimants who provided an affidavit and provided my VW records showing my timing chain failed. The law firm conducting the Canadian class action contacted me yesterday explaining that the lawsuit is vey close to being settled and the defendants want to meet with me next week. Hopefully this all gets sorted soon.

eldiablo1

Ready to race!
Good luck! Please post an update after you meet. My car is in the shop now for what I hope is not a timing chain failure. :(

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
So what happens to folks who have changed there for a preventative?

I changed mine at 162000 and it was the old style tensioner ....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion

not necessarily true. There could be a similar outcome to the Audi class action against their oil consumption issue. If you paid out of pocket to complete the work you can submit those receipts for a full refund if your car qualifies for the extended warranty.

I haven't heard anything since my interview with VW's lawyer. I'm going to send the class action lawyer an email to day to see if there has been any progress.

ducsoup

I'm also wondering if there's any news on this.

I just found out my chain failed and I need a new engine on my 2011..

it's a fun situation, replacing the engine or walking away...

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
I'm also wondering if there's any news on this.

I just found out my chain failed and I need a new engine on my 2011..

it's a fun situation, replacing the engine or walking away...

How many KM on your car? Also what are they charging for the entire replacement?

I ask because we have probably the exact same car haha

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Most likely there is a cut off date/year, the longer this drags out the smaller the number that will be included in the settlement.

Having delt with the VW Dealer as well as the Regional Manager for blown Rear Main Seal as well as the Timing Chain Failure; VW is under handed in their Management practices from the start, I doubt they will ever be "right" or will ever change, hence no longer buying new VW products, including Porsche.

We own a '09 Tiguan, we hold no hope that it will be included in the settlement, so moving on with life.

Last edited:

resilientsoma

Go Kart Champion
Any updates with this settlement?
My 2011 jumped a couple teeth resulting in an upper head rebuild at 62,500 miles.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Still haven't heard anything. Last I heard they were moving towards adopting the extended warranty approach rather than a payout.