Ready to race!
Also wondered what these two red LEDs were for

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 352

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I think the little red LED's are just to look cool or help you find the light button easier (even the button has illuminated icon itself)

mine go on with the headlights but they don't produce enough light to be used to light up a specific area...

I have an mk6 though so I'm not sure if they ado anything differently in a 7

goose1

Ready to race!
Low light map lights. Just bright enough to read a map without turning on the interior lights and wrecking your night vision.

sent via carrier potato

mmmoose

Ready to race!
Yep, they're map lights. They're red to be easy on the eyes at night time. If you really want to you can pretend like you're driving a submarine.

WAP

Go Kart Champion

mmmoose

Ready to race!
I wish the stock footwell lights were red too. Or at least color adjustable. Probably one of the best DIY mods.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
I wish the stock footwell lights were red too. Or at least color adjustable. Probably one of the best DIY mods.

I have the DeAutokey red footwell LED's and they look awesome, but if you don't wanna spend the cash you can also just cover the stock ones with red taillight tape and it looks almost as good.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Yes the overhead lights can light up the cup holders if you turn them on.

Yes, that's generally how lights usually work. They light up when you turn them on. ;)

And the overhead LED's come on when you turn on your lights.

goose1

Ready to race!
I have the DeAutokey red footwell LED's and they look awesome, but if you don't wanna spend the cash you can also just cover the stock ones with red taillight tape and it looks almost as good.
But not as bright

sent via carrier potato